Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Default Star Trek

So a new Star Trek trailer is attached to Quantum of Solace. I'd link to it (http://www.startrekmovie.com/), but apparently it isn't public on the Internet yet until the end of this weekend.

It looks fucking awesome. Star Trek has always annoyed me in a few ways, namely how the battles and even hand to hand fighting is so realistic.

Star Trek is the only live action "action" movie that has ever looked like it used turn-based RPG rules to decide combat outcomes. You know what I mean?

"Fire"

"Yes sir"

"pause pause"

"press button"

"pause pause"

"no effect captain"

WTF. Are you british? Are you wearing a red coat? Hammer that button like you're playing Galaga dude.

The hand to hand phaser combat is as ridiculous. They all move so slow, they all have such shitty reaction times.

So, the trailer looks like it has action sequences similar to what you would have seen in the Battle of Coruscant in one of the Star Wars prequels (II was it?) Totally, not like any other Star Trek fighting I've seen. The only one to come close was that battle in Star Trek Nemesis at the end, which was by far the best I've seen from them, but the trailer takes that and blows it out of the water as well.

I was also at the same time surprised by how down to earth parts of the trailer were, you'll know what I mean when I say it. Usually, because I keep up on movies, I know what they're advertising after the first few frames, with this trailer I had no idea until it was obvious.

Anywho, makes me excited to see the movie.

Can you believe two douches left me negative rep for this thread? ROFL. Oh my god, now my day is ruined because someone doesn't like me on the internet!

Blog Entries

Shaun of the Dead as Scotty. Winner in my book.
    Last edited by Tisket; 11-16-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Speeling. Fuck you for wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I hate star trek... I saw the trailer... I hate to say I may actually want to see that.

Sylar is spock.

I was getting my hair cut and told the girl cutting it to get it out of my eyes but I'd rather not look like Mr. Spock.

She had no idea who Mr. Spock was. The woman next to me was about my age and she knew. We ended up involving the whole salon in the discussion. One other guy, also my age, knew who Spock was. None of the salon employees did.

I crawled home feeling so old...
    Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I will absolutely see Star Trek.

TNG = win x 1019028308912038120939012808203012039018039128.

Also, as Tisket said, Simon Pegg as Scotty will fucking rule.

so apparently their countdown on the trailer went to 0 and then back up to 1 day, wtf is that?

But you can get it from apple

http://movies.apple.com/movies/param...tlr2_h480p.mov

Y'know... I can finally agree on something with crb. This looks badass.

I grew up on TOS reruns. This looks like an awesome re-imagining. Looking forward to it, and hoping it fills the gaping hole that ST:Enterprise left inside me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Looking forward to it, and hoping it fills the gaping hole that goatse left inside me.
    k