Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as is.

8 10.13%
  • Take it away.

7 8.86%
  • Keep it, but take away the anonymity.

20 25.32%
  • Give members the option to disable it.

5 6.33%
  • Who the fuck cares.

39 49.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

Default Reputation

Since someone suggested it, let's do it.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

For you all bitching about the anonymity part. Why not just add a button where you can 'sign' the rep comment. It can leave a username tag that can't be duplicated on the comment.

People that sign comments are happy. People that don't want to sign comments are happy. People that sign comments as others are stopped. And the people that don't care just keep on not caring.

Code:
    C Thread                            Date                   User         Comment 
    G FOX pwns Joe the Plumber          10-30-2008 10:02 AM    Anonymous    Keep on keepin on
    Last edited by Deathravin; 11-02-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathravin View Post
    For you all bitching about the anonymity part. Why not just add a button where you can 'sign' the rep comment. It can leave a username tag that can't be duplicated on the comment.
    That'd at least make it so you can't sign rep as somebody else. It'd take the annoyance factor down for a lot of people. Personally I've not had any negative rep signed, so it hasn't really affected me, nor would it really if somebody did sign negative rep as anyone else because I don't immediately go and negative rep people back unless they say something worth it. However, I could see it as a nuisance.

I think forcing a signature though would keep a lot of the really retarded comments down. How many people just use it as a way to take an anonymous shot at somebody they don't like instead of using it to make a genuine comment about a post? By the look of my own negative rep anyway, I'd say not a huge number, but a significant enough amount.

Take away the anonymity altogether, and the few people being douche bags would at least end up with a closer eye on their own posts with less tolerance for stupidity than might normally be given.

Words to live by:
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

4. Default

I used to read and post on Allakhazam a lot for FFXI. Their reputation was completely anonymous, but there weren't comments attached to it.

Rep doesn't matter anyway, do away with it or keep it, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. It just shows yourself and others how popular (or unpopular) you are. Unless we can just hide the posts from anybody with two or more red squares, I don't see the problem either way.

I say don't add a signature, but take out the comments.
    Auryana

Disclaimer: Statements made by Audriana may have exceptions as outlined in the Constitution of the United States of America and its amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by Audriana View Post
    I used to read and post on Allakhazam a lot for FFXI. Their reputation was completely anonymous, but there weren't comments attached to it.

Rep doesn't matter anyway, do away with it or keep it, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. It just shows yourself and others how popular (or unpopular) you are. Unless we can just hide the posts from anybody with two or more red squares, I don't see the problem either way.

I say don't add a signature, but take out the comments.
    As someone has pointed out, for people who merchant it could present a problem to have negative rep (red squares).

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

In my case it's my fault. I should have made two accounts and separated the personality from the merchant like a lot of other people do. I just hate having to deal with two names.

If I come back to gemstone again later, I may do that though.

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

omg ohnoez...someone gave me a red button!!!!!!111111

Actually, what would be nice, though it would be a pain in the ass to code, is if the rep system had a function where if you have X amount of rep, you can set an option on a thread you create to prevent anyone with less than 0 or less than some amount of rep from posting there.

It would at least give some consequence to acting like a douche bag aside from having a little red button instead of having a little green one.

Words to live by:
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Or just allow a bunch of people to get together and red pen a poster they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by FNLN View Post
    Or just allow a bunch of people to get together and red pen a poster they don't like.
    Yeah. If something like that were to be implemented it would have to be pretty heavily regulated. If that were the case it would be cool, but it's not really a viable route for this forum.

Words to live by: