Page 1503 of 1516 FirstFirst ... 5031003140314531493150115021503150415051513 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,030 of 15156

Thread: Respond to Reputation Comments

Didn't Marco lose a star then turn them all in and now actively refuses to allow Michelin inspectors into his restaurants?
    Last edited by Astray; 10-24-2019 at 04:30 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Didn't Marco lose a star then turn them all in and now actively refuses to allow Michelin inspectors into his restaurants?
    No, he grew up (never lost a Star - just retired from his career as a chef and gave them back):

"I was being judged by people who had less knowledge than me, so what was it truly worth? I gave Michelin inspectors too much respect, and I belittled myself. I had three options: I could be a prisoner of my world and continue to work six days a week, I could live a lie and charge high prices and not be behind the stove or I could give my stars back, spend time with my children and re-invent myself."

~ Marco Pierre White

To my knowledge, he now still lends his name to chain casual dining style pubs and restaurants in the UK - occasionally appearing on TV. I think he refuses to eat in Michelin Star restaurants because he believes they sacrifice food quality for pretentiousness and presentation, among other things.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 10-24-2019 at 04:40 PM.

His priorities are strange.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    His priorities are strange.
    Working as a chef in a high level restaurant (or anywhere) is extremely demanding - both physically and mentally.

Once a restaurant starts to win awards (Michelin or James Beard are the big ones) - it just gets worse. Whatever fun, passion, creativity, etc. you had for the job begins to wither away because the demand is constantly there just to win awards and get good reviews. People are afraid to change menus because they will lose a star, are constantly looking out for big review parties (Yelp), Michelin / Beard inspectors, etc. A lot of places have open kitchens where guests will stand over you and watch every detail of what you're doing while you work. Several big name chefs have committed suicide over losing a Star because they begin to associate so much of their identity with it.

I think that Marco finally realized that he was cooking to impress people who had only been inside a restaurant to order a meal - much less actually worked in a kitchen of any caliber before. He was stressed out, working close to 100 hours a week, and his personal relationships and health were suffering. He finally realized that all the money and fame in the world couldn't make up for time - and that had done all he needed to do to "impress himself" with his career.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    your Frank Gallagher torso
    Great physique - especially for an older guy:

Hottie younger wife:

Fake news stories for Sexiest Actor Alive 2018, 2019:

https://en.mediamass.net/people/will...est-alive.html

Hopes teenage daughters have lots of sex:

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/willi...ot-of-sex.html

Plus, Shameless is one of my favorite series of all time. Frank Gallagher / William H. Macy = rule. Hands down awesome guy.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 10-24-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Blog Entries

What the motherfucking fuck.

Someone needs to cut that guy's fingers off.

Or take away his internet access. Personally, I prefer the bloodier solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    What the motherfucking fuck.

Someone needs to cut that guy's fingers off.

Or take away his internet access. Personally, I prefer the bloodier solution.
    Like you've never told your husband "Strip down to your underwear, bend over, and put this piece of paper on your ass. I got something to prove on the internet!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Like you've never told your husband "Strip down to your underwear, bend over, and put this piece of paper on your ass. I got something to prove on the internet!"
    I'm adding that to my bucket list. Thanks, man.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Does he have to be awake?
    I like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Does he have to be awake?
    Don't be silly.

Of course he doesn't have to be awake.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-25-2019 at 01:21 AM.