Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your longest stun?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your longest stun?

So I got hit with this this morning:

The water elemental closes its eyes and draws in on itself, arms crossed over its aqueous torso. Suddenly its eyes flash open and it hurls an incredibly powerful blast of water at you!

Time slows to a standstill as you watch the watery blast slam into your seemingly frozen body! You vaguely realize that you are screaming as your shattered body is blasted back into a crumpled heap!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Optic nerves scrambled. You struggle to recover your balance but fail.
    You are stunned for 16 rounds!
    Roundtime: 20 sec.

Needless to say, things didn't go well. I've never seen a stun of that magnitude before. Can anyone top it?

Blog Entries

I remember 16 rounds being the longest stun i've ever received due to normal game mechanics. Though as I type this I think I remember something upwards of 20.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

wtf? 16 rounds? how long is a round anyway? 8 seconds?

Only thing I can recall off-hand is a 12 round stun after getting popped in the eye with a shard. Still don't know why I didn't die right away instead of 20 seconds later from another shard.

fucking pyro fuckers...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

Blog Entries

5 seconds per round, I believe.

Yeah, that was a painful death. I even used sigil of escape only to land at the feet of a radical and lesser water elemental and got to watch them nick me to death over, oh...15 rounds or so.

Blog Entries

Bummer. Pali would beseech, Sorcerer would have had a chance with CoS, Bard (if trained properly) could shout, warrior berserk, rogue fail at stun maneuvers, wizard might have dodged the blow entirely, Empath would be unstunned as regenerate fixes everything anyway, cleric would have had rezzed their own corpse.

Wait a minute. What was your companion doing the whole while? Sorcerers should be able to implant mana bombs into pets to blow up in the ranger's time of need. Or, you know, for kicks.
    Last edited by Fallen; 09-05-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Bummer. Pali would beseech, Sorcerer would have had a chance with CoS, Bard (if trained properly) could shout, warrior berserk, rogue fail at stun maneuvers, wizard might have dodged the blow entirely, Empath would be unstunned as regenerate fixes everything anyway, cleric would have had rezzed their own corpse.

Wait a minute. What was your companion doing the whole while? Sorcerers should be able to implant mana bombs into pets to blow up in the ranger's time of need. Or, you know, for kicks.

Seriously, that'd make companions about 50 times more useful. I don't even bother with em anymore. Having my companion in this situation wouldn't have helped one whit. He would have shown up about 30 seconds after I got stunned, taken another 10 seconds to do anything, would have missed his attack and sprawled on the ground, taken another 10 seconds to stand up before missing another target, then would have stood in the same room stupidly after I had escaped to the third floor. Animal companions ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    rogue fail at stun maneuvers.
    /Laugh heartily

Out of my mind. (Northern Illinois, same diff)

Had a 20 round stun from a Stone Fist in the Bowels... longest one I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Beguiler View Post
    Had a 20 round stun from a Stone Fist in the Bowels... longest one I've ever had.
    That's pretty damn bad. 100 seconds of stun...