Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just fixskilled from sword/board into a claid user.

Gonna add some stuff anyway:

I know Foogly discussed ambush ranks with you. If you think you want to aim the claid sometimes, for instant headshot deaths or to leg some buggers (both of which I found useful, as I didn't care about 3 more secs RT for an instant death), you really need 25 to 30 ranks of ambush. After that you hit a plateauing effect though.

I don't remember the exact numbers but lets say that at 30 ranks of ambush you have a 70% accuracy rating with a claidhmore, well to get to 75%, you'd need soemthing like 90 ranks. It's just not worth the investment. I did the calculations with fixskills, I just can't find my spreadsheet.

So yeah, 30 ranks of ambush is all a twohander ever needs to open ambush well. You'll peak at say 65-70% with a claid and like 85ish% with a maul. You have a decent shot at hitting what you mean to, and even when you miss it's devastating.

One last thing:

Do not underestimate the power of a maul vs claidhmore. While claidhmores are superior by virtue of their weighting only, the maul is the most amazing all purpose weapon in the game in my opinion. They are light, fast, and have the best Damage Factor against just about anything you'll care about besides a lance (which is heavy and slow, and a polearm).

a 4x blessable maul is so good, that it's still worth using at cap as a weapon against any creature in the game. I can mstrike kill a troll king, a spectral triton defender, a water elemental...in one hit (three hits from the mstrike) with a maul. The damage factor is just that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    It's not so easy when you're leveling up..walking around in brig, with no redux. It makes a difference. Sure, once you get redux, are in plate, with your stats maxed..it becomes a lot easier.
    see...I never found that true as a claid/maul user. The creature was either not alive, or severely stunned after the first hit. The RT was meaningless.

A relevant question is--if my DS is abysmal, how do I take on more than one mob at a time? Even one on one, with a 6-sec RT, I'm going to get hit. My empath and warrior are on the same account, so I won't be able to clean her up, either, which makes making any amount of money on her difficult as it'll all be going out in Empath tips.

Guess it's time to transfer her to my other account..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    see...I never found that true as a claid/maul user. The creature was either not alive, or severely stunned after the first hit. The RT was meaningless.
    True, but you gotta account for swarms and/or something else walking in on you.

Or mobs that break stun constantly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I open ambush with a bastard axe, does it work with open ambushing? Does anyone know?
    It says, very specifically, that it doesn't work with aimed(ambush) attacks. In order to aim, you have to type ambush. It doesn't matter whether or not you're hiding. It's the same type of attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    A relevant question is--if my DS is abysmal, how do I take on more than one mob at a time? Even one on one, with a 6-sec RT, I'm going to get hit. My empath and warrior are on the same account, so I won't be able to clean her up, either, which makes making any amount of money on her difficult as it'll all be going out in Empath tips.

Guess it's time to transfer her to my other account..
    Armor Use, redux, and MOC help a great deal.

You should really 3x armor and have MBP by 25.
    Citrus: The Juicy Alternative
    Martaigne's Shop
    House Sylvanfair

[14:27:06] diethx: I swear i'm addicted
    [14:27:11] diethx: I'm addicted to the meat

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    You = douche. True.

I was talking about the fucking baseline. Should I include a hasting wizard that tags along too? Perhaps a bard singing Tonis? or how about 5 million other possible scenarios?
    You need to chillax, sir. I was just pointing out that the statement you made was not entirely correct. I'm not calling you a liar.

Mostly my post was to share my opinion that giants are vastly superior to halflings, especially now that they can overcome the speed issues. The only advantage halflings have now is their inherant TD (which is definitely significant.)

Again, I wasn't attacking you, no need to get so defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Again, I wasn't attacking you, no need to get so defensive.
    PC IS VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    PC IS VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!

Saying I'm lying is calling me a liar...:P