Thread: Start_Script

Default Start_Script

I've been using Notepad++ as my script editor but only recently started saving scripts as *.rb instead of *.lic.

I can run *.rb scripts with no problem but when I try to use start_script("<script>"), it won't open *.rb files.

Quote Originally Posted by vulvamancer View Post
    I've been using Notepad++ as my script editor but only recently started saving scripts as *.rb instead of *.lic.

I can run *.rb scripts with no problem but when I try to use start_script("<script>"), it won't open *.rb files.
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine. Kinda along the same lines.

I run wizard scripts through lich using ;w and am having a hard time getting start_script or kill_script to work when I add those lines to the wizard scripts I run through lich.

Does start_script or kill_script, or any of those lich commands work within a wizard script when run using ;w? Can I use lich and wizard commands interchangeably in wizard scripts using ;w?

Is there a way to start a lich script within a wizard script? I can't figure it out. I'd like to start my lich surge script at the beginning of my wizard hunting script, then kill the surge script at the end of my hunt.

Any clues...I obviously don't have one.

This is my .cmd test script that I use to try to start/kill a lich script within my wizard script:

#TEST

LICH {
    start_script('surge')
    } LICH

pause 2

LICH {
    kill_script ( "surge" )
    } LICH

It manages to attempt to kill a surge script that isn't running, but won't try to start it.

--- Lich: test.cmd active.
    --- Lich: error reading script file: Insecure operation - initialize
    --- Lich: 'test.cmd' tried to stop 'surge', but it isn't running!
    --- Lich: test.cmd has finished.
    >
    Last edited by Stayfair; 07-26-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Same idea, extra word in the command:

Code:
    start_wizard_script("scriptName")
    The "insecure operation" error is showing up because the script is attempting to access a file on the hard drive. "Lich snippets" within a Wizard script always run within a "safe" environment, since they pose a slightly higher risk than regular Lich scripts (i.e. if somebody really wanted to, they could embed a malicious snippet that Wizard would ignore, but that Lich would run w/o the user even knowing it was there). In hindsight it's kind of overkill, but I like security.
    I visualize a time when we will be to robots what dogs are to humans, and I'm rooting for the machines. -- Claude Shannon