Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's say you have a terminal illness

Default Let's say you have a terminal illness

Like cancer. Hypothetically what would you do knowing you're just going to be a burden to those close to you.

Would you commit suicide?

Fake an accident for insurance purposes?

Just disappear taking nothing and become a missing person?

Would you go out in a blaze of glory.. maybe commit some crimes.. rob a brinks truck? Rob something? Party like there's nothing to lose?

Or just watch some of your favorite movies and drink expensive scotch and have some top cigars.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

Being a burden is part of intimacy. Friends and family take turns shouldering each other's loads. That's really the point.

I don't believe in suicide.

I don't believe in theft.

I definitely would watch some of my favorite movies and drink expensive scotch and smoke some top cigars, while trying to spend as much time enjoying my family and friends for as long as I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

3. Default

It'd depend for me - if i wasn't limited by money or medical treatments, I'd travel and visit family and friends.

I guess if I knew it was my time, I'd do everything I could to make it easier for my family, make sure I had done all the leg work on a will and they knew my wishes for organ donation, burial, etc. Once I'd worked that out, I'd do my best to make as many more happy memories as possible.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

I'd get up five minutes earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Guilt free smack.
    I'll think of something better after lunch but i always promised myself I'd take something to numb the fear out.
    I would be shit scared.

I'd do all the things I always thought I'd do 'later'(that were physically possible) then go find a not too messy way to off myself.

Too many years watching people suffer on their way out & their families suffering with them(assuming they had anyone left TO suffer with them). No thanks on the long term illness way over glorified by movies & chick flick shows.

~K.

Time to take up religion, you know... just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

I'd write the novel that'd been banging around in my head for years or publish a last article or two (or finish the last book) to sum up my career, and then just spend the rest of the time traveling around the world. Of course, that's assuming I'd have cancer when I was older. If it happened now, huh, well, I'd do the same things, actually.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Interesting takes.

I'm a law and order republican but I think I'd go on spree of crime just to fill it out. Without physically hurting anyone of course.

Or maybe I'd run down the streets of quebec with torches and put an end to that shit hole.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

Blog Entries

Being a burden is part of intimacy.
    This is so true. I know it's different for everyone but getting the time to say goodbye and demonstrate your love is kind of a gift I think. I'd not want to deny the same thing to my family. Well, unless it was a death that was really painful. I don't like pain.

I've got enough life insurance that I wouldn't have to go and knock over a bank but it might be fun anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow