Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain's alcohol problem

John McCain might be a good president, but I like Cindy McCain less and less the more I learn about her.
    Because she is a successful business woman? Because he father started a beer distributorship which she then inherited? I'm curious which part is the bad part.

Fact is, and you didn't quote this but it was in that article, John McCain has voluntarily recused himself from all alcohol related votes in the senate for his career. So, obviously, he's done the right thing.

Now, as president, you cannot recuse yourself, but obviously, one could assume, he would continue to do the right thing. In this case it would likely involve Cindy McCain stepping down upon John being sworn in.

Plus, it isn't like its the 1920s, I don't think we'll see any major beer legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    Because she is a successful business woman? Because he father started a beer distributorship which she then inherited? I'm curious which part is the bad part.
    Because she is selling alcohol. I know it is legal in most part of the country, but that does not mean it is right. We need a first lady who does better than the legal minimum that is required to obey the law. Many of us still believe that alcohol is a sin.

That isn't the only reason I don't like her. She has other well known problems that I need not discuss.

Plus, it isn't like its the 1920s, I don't think we'll see any major beer legislation.
    We won't if Cindy McCain has her way. She and her company are lobbying against legislation that would require conspicuous disclosure of alcohol content in the new deadly caffeinated alcoholic beverages.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    We won't if Cindy McCain has her way. She and her company are lobbying against legislation that would require conspicuous disclosure of alcohol content in the new deadly caffeinated alcoholic beverages.

I don't think you get much more conspicuous than that...

Because she is selling alcohol. I know it is legal in most part of the country, but that does not mean it is right. We need a first lady who does better than the legal minimum that is required to obey the law. Many of us still believe that alcohol is a sin.

That isn't the only reason I don't like her. She has other well known problems that I need not discuss.

Ahh... let me guess? Mormon?

I could care less if there is a label or not, but I think it is safe to say no one who drinks the drink is confused if there is large amounts of alcohol in it. Alcohol has a rather distinct taste and generally, people can tell when they drink it.

And by the way, people have for years now ordered mixed drinks with redbull in them, it is one of the most popular drinks at/around colleges. Obviously, the consumer knows and wants such a product. You could outlaw every beer with caffeine and people would just order a redbull and vodka.

Because she's a pill popping trophy wife who stole from her own charity to fuel her addiction to those sweet, sweet painkillers?

edit: Citation
    Last edited by Artha; 06-25-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Space for rent, inquire within.

Quote Originally Posted by Artha View Post
    Because she's a pill popping trophy wife who stole from her own charity to fuel her addiction to those sweet, sweet painkillers?

edit: Citation
    The painkiller attacks are really, really, ignorant.

Prescription pain killers are some of the most addictive substances on this planet. Many, many, many people who get prescribed them end up addicted, which is why they're not over the counter and tend to be used by doctors as sparingly as possible.

I mean honestly, blaming someone for being addicted to pain killers is just really ignorant.

and Salon.com is not an unbiased accurate source. I'm not saying that she wasn't addicted, she was, she admitted it, I'm saying the way Salon.com frames and spins the story is part of their obvious and known liberal bias.

Prescription pain killers are some of the most addictive substances on this planet.
    Just like alcohol, the drug that she sells.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Just like alcohol, the drug that she sells.
    Actually coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world, next to crude oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

Comparing alcohol to prescription pain killers is retarded.