Page 11 of 276 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Good Movie Have You Seen Recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkov View Post
    Also, if no one's suggested it yet, I highly recommend The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
    I'd like to hear more input on this movie. My family HATED this movie with every fiber of their being, and they love movies and rarely berate a movie, let alone fall asleep through one. I wouldn't mind if someone told me they're crackheads for feeling that way, but I'd like to get more opinions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    One of my favorites. I liked Snatch too.
    Yes, excellent movie. Somebody mentioned Layer Cake earlier - along the same style, also a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I'd like to hear more input on this movie(The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford). My family HATED this movie with every fiber of their being, and they love movies and rarely berate a movie, let alone fall asleep through one. I wouldn't mind if someone told me they're crackheads for feeling that way, but I'd like to get more opinions on it.
    Admitedly, the movie can be slow at times. What I liked about it is how it made me feel about the two main characters at any given time. I went from sympathizing with Jesse James and hating Ford to vice versa and back again. As the title pretty much states, the movie is solely about these two people and the story told tends to be very character driven rather than action driven. If you want a good old-style western, this isn't the film for you. It's more of a historical-documentary (well, by the writer's history anyway, I'm not trying to start a debate on this movie and it's true historical relevance) with well-paid actors.
    ^^^ Why I stick to lurking.

I saw Dark Knight a few weeks ago, not that anyone doesn't know this, but it was great. What I didn't like was Tropic Thunder, and I normally LOVE Ben Stiller movies so it was a bit saddening. Oh well.
    [Wtf]-Brielus: "khaladon outbid me on my fuckin db item i wanted"

We Own The Night.
    Sig, yo'!

Watched Pineapple Express tonight.. meh. Watched about 15 minutes of Burn after reading and it looks good. Gonna catch it again when I got more time.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

this thread has turned into "movies I watched 5 minutes of that I might like if I get to watch it later."
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Meh I started to watch it at the theatre and was getting into it when I realized I wouldn't be able to finish it tonight so I bailed. Certainly going to catch it and Step Brothers.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

The Lakehouse.

Man. What a chick flick.
    Sig, yo'!

Just finished up with Rendition. Not bad...long tho.

Watched 'My Cousin Vinny' again tonight.