Page 1 of 276 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Good Movie Have You Seen Recently?

1. Default Which Good Movie Have You Seen Recently?

I'm starting to run low on my list, so I'm looking for recommendations for good movies to watch. Meantime, I figured I'd also start a list of good movies that are out there.

Doesn't have to be one made recently, and it doesn't have to be art house intellectual. Just something good and entertaining.

I'll start off with National Treasure: Book of Secrets. A fun movie that touches on American history, enough to tease but not lecture.

So, what have you seen lately?

Gretchen

Last movie I saw was Hulk..
    Gazing into the flames, your mind wanders. You relive old adventures and battles and plan greater triumphs yet to be. It is pleasant to sit here and dream by the fire. Perhaps you will conquer the world tomorrow, or another day. There is always a tomorrow. But for now, the fire lulls you warmly.

Blog Entries

I watched There Will Be Blood last night. I know it won awards and shit but seriously, what the motherfuck...

Hated the characters, hated the story, hated the ending most of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Sorry, I know this thread is for good movies but I was so expecting to like that movie and then I didn't. Fucking waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

They Live
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I haven’t watched it yet, but Diary of the Dead is next on my list. I would only recommend it if you are a zombie movie fan.

I saw The Happening, and despite the shit reviews, I really liked it. It was a little cheese plot-wise but I still liked it a lot overall.

I also rented The Flock from Blockbuster a couple weeks ago, thinking "Ooh, Richard Gere and Claire Danes and a bunch of sex offenders, gotta be good right? Why wasn't this in the movies?" DO NOT RENT. That fucking movie sucked so hardcore, omg, SO HARDCORE. How they got two fairly A-list actors to make that piece of shit is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

8. Default

A few I have seen lately that I liked...

Kite Runner - Writer living in California goes back to his home in Afghanistan to help his old childhood friend.

I'm not There - Bob Dylan.

Control - Story of Ian Curtis

Darjeeling Limited - Three American Brothers go for a Train ride Across India

Juno - Story of a pregnant teen

La Vie en Rose - Edith Piaf

Paris, je t'aime - small love stories about Paris

Fay Grim ( If you can get the first part, it makes it even better "Henry Fool")

Hope any of those work might peek your interest. Let me know what you think if you see any of them.
    “Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths.”

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    I saw The Happening, and despite the shit reviews, I really liked it. It was a little cheese plot-wise but I still liked it a lot overall.

I also rented The Flock from Blockbuster a couple weeks ago, thinking "Ooh, Richard Gere and Claire Danes and a bunch of sex offenders, gotta be good right? Why wasn't this in the movies?" DO NOT RENT. That fucking movie sucked so hardcore, omg, SO HARDCORE. How they got two fairly A-list actors to make that piece of shit is beyond me.
    HAHA, it was a painful 2 hours, sad thing was I watched that and The List in the same week which was even worse.
    “Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths.”

10. Default

La Vie En Rose.
    Kung Fu Panda.
    Death at a Funeral.
    Hot Fuzz.
    Waking Life.
    Buy The Ticket;Take the Ride.
    10 Questions for the Dalai Lama.
    Why We Fight.
    Sweeney Todd.
    The Orphanage.