Page 264 of 275 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2744

Thread: Which Good Movie Have You Seen Recently?

The Imitation Game

Brilliant work from Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley. The cross cutting between eras is a little overdone but the framing devices work reasonably well. Those who know the story of Turing beforehand will feel the devastation at different points but there are far more than enough punchlines for everyone.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

2. Default

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    American Hustle

For some reason I thought it was a musical. It's not. But it's still very, very good.
    Kung Fu Hustle is better! =p
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Kung Fu Hustle is better! =p
    i enjoyed kung fu hustle very much

but i gotta say, no disrespect, Christian Bale in a toupee's palm move that falls from heaven is unbeatable
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

5. Default

Just saw Jumanji. Wasn't expecting much as I didn't think much of the trailer, but the film was quite good. Highly recommend.

Finally going to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi this weekend. Everyone tells me The Force Awakens was better, but that The Last Jedi is still worth seeing. Hope so.

Blog Entries

My brother went from being a guy who wanted to buy a set of stormtrooper armor to someone that never wanted to see another Star Wars again. He says Disney killed the franchise.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    My brother went from being a guy who wanted to buy a set of stormtrooper armor to someone that never wanted to see another Star Wars again. He says Disney killed the franchise.
    He should just be honest. The franchise simply isn't that great to begin with. It wasn't popular because it's got some awesome story. It got popular because it was a technological leap forward from the other movies people were making/watching at the time.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    He should just be honest. The franchise simply isn't that great to begin with. It wasn't popular because it's got some awesome story. It got popular because it was a technological leap forward from the other movies people were making/watching at the time.
    Wrong.

I didn’t even know what special effects were when I saw Star Wars. Same for millions of others at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Your brother is correct.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-18-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This is correct.