Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Website.

1. Default lich problems

i am still having problems with downloading the lich, i uninstalled sge and psinet and lich then reinstalled sge and lich, i unzipped it and it has 2 items come up the folder with scripts and the lich.rbw, and when i double click on the lich.rbw it says it can open it cause it dont know what program is needed to open it so i go to website to find what i need to open it then it has me download something i need to buy for unknown file types so i am stuck, maybe i need to do like it was said in another thread about taking it out of my registry but i dont know how to do that if someone could please take time and hold my hand and help me throught this i would sure appreciate it, does it have anything to do with having windows 7? please someone help, i like the psinet but i dont want to download it again until i have this dl right,
    thanks for any help

When you say "I unzipped it" I'm assuming that you extracted it, this was where I made the big no no when I started using Lich.

3. Default

Did you download and install Ruby? That's the programming language Lich uses to run and a link to it is on the Lich download page.

Gretchen

4. Default lich problem

no i didnt ok let me go do that i thought it was an either or do i need to uninstall the lich then re install after the ruby is done dl
    thank you thank you

6. Default lich problem

thank you for your help that fixed it
    is there someplace that i can go to read the scripts and see what they do and what they look like thats not in the game, andis there a place i can go and read about how the lich works or is it all in the game?
    i tried what i was told in game but the script didnt show it just told who made it.

;repo help is a good start
    :lnet help...

8. Default

;help
    ;lnet help
    ;repo help

good scripts to start with:
    ;narost
    ;uberbar (newly updated!)
    ;xp
    ;keepalive

I use ;bestiary and ;krakii a lot... I hear a lot of Gib's and Spiffy's scripts are pretty good.

alright so i screwed something up along the way while installing lich on my new laptop. I apparently disconnected myself from lnet and now it requires a password to get back on.

>
    --- Lich: lnet active.
    --- Lich: updater active.
    --- Lich: infomon active.
    [lnet: To attempt to log in with a different password, type: ;lnet password=<password>]
    [lnet: connection lost]
    [lnet: waiting 298 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

this also spams my screen every 5 seconds or so

[lnet: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.]
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `syswrite'
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `do_write'
    * Zarston returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
    Last edited by Anebriated; 05-10-2010 at 03:28 PM.

10. Default

i don't get how to use the majority of the lich scripts.... the ones shown on the website I can't use like keepalive, that doesnt seem to be on mine