Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When and how did you start playing Gemstone?

Default When and how did you start playing Gemstone?

What year did you first play Gemstone and what brought you to the game?

I first started playing around 1995, on AOL.

My friend (known as Kyrandos in GS and on these forums) had been playing for a while and finally told me about it... I was bored enough one night that I said, "Sure, what the hell" and gave it a try.

First thing I did? Attacked the stupid mutt in Wehnimer... heh.

Anyway, we ran around causing havoc and getting into fights right from the get go... I guess not a lot has changed...

I've quit a ton of times since then but always come back... though after 13 years I'm still only level 40.

I started playing in 2002, when Whirlin and Hakaii's players introduced me to the game.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

My parents actually got me into it. I really didn't want to play but they got me started on it when I was 15, summer of 2004. They also got my little brother to play.

I'm sure I was an annoying as hell noob, and yes I have made lots of good progress on my RP. I haven't played in about 6 months now.

But after I got a hold of the game I would go around killing people that I could, which was rather foolish but I was young and it was fun at the time. And yes, I have changed, and for the rumors you read, no one but me played Ismurii the whole time.

Boredom and random happenstance got me into the game.

I was checking something called ZMud out I think? They had an extensive list of games. I picked gemstone cuz the name was pretty. I know, I'm such a girl.

Rolled up Aaysia, I didn't get to pick her features though they came out pretty okay except for the fact that she was rolled bald =/. Met a character named Artesh that made the simplest thing in the game seem like pure magic... was hooked ever since. I had the best time making friends with Artesh's lil clan of hunting buddies (Rynot, Kirdac, Vasenya, Tamarkk, Loecki etc)

I barely play now, no time and little interest.

Blog Entries

I started playing around 2002 when I was 12. The player of Penidiamond was my first friend in Ta'Vaalor.

Ta'Vaalor for life!

I started in 1995 as well. A friend of mine at high school (we were freshmen, heh) told me about the game and figured I'd like it because I loved Lord of the Rings. He was right.

I can't even remember my first character's name. He was an elf bard, I believe. My friend was Gawmuldor (giant warrior), and he was a dork in-game. Jumping from the treehouse to kill himself, stealing from everyone in sight constantly, trying to attack NPCs ... yeah. He didn't last too long.

Like the original poster, I took plenty of breaks. I also rerolled way too many times, and after finally settling on an incarnation of Farn (I can't remember why I lost the original "Farnam," but I like the shorter name better anyway), I still spent (and do spend) more time exploring or goofing around instead of hunting. Hence, only level 50 after all these years. Good times.

Blog Entries

August 95. I had been doing some chatroom roleplaying and was searching around on the games on AOL and came across it. I remember the orange backdrop with the warrior leaning on his sword, the dwarf, maybe an elven girl and something else when it would pop up. I was a pretty big fuckup back then. Stealing as fast as I could hit the up button in the gemshop and from the empaths and clerics at the front desk of the thrak inn. Hanging out in the hovel and boulder. Duels at the dinghy. Grouping up in the attic at the abandoned inn. So on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

When it was free on AOL. Got a ton of my friends to play. Was good times.

- Arkans
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ismurii View Post
    Yeah I guess I just don't know what I am talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    I love cock.

Stumbled across it in 1996 on AOL, played for about a year, took a long break and returned in 2004 to meet up with the very same characters as Aaysia did and loved them as well as a few new ones along the way.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

I will probably be one of the most recent players here as I only started playing two years ago as of last month.

It was a dare by Denrit's player. He would always talk about this game and how addicting it was. I would just laugh at him and call him a nerd. So he dared me to give the trial a shot. Made Misun and the rest is history.
    This space for rent.