Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape definition changed in Maryland.

I think the main thing in that story that caused me to post it was the "5 to 10 seconds" thing.

This kids life is basicly ruined..just because he did something all 15 year old want..and it was offered too him, and then she said "stop" and he did not stop for 10 seconds.

If you don't want it, don't say yes.
    Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvane View Post
    Rape is not funny.
    It can be, just ask Mr. Carlin

Comedians run into that shit all the time. Like rape. They'll say, "you can't joke about rape. Rape's not funny." I say, "fuck you, I think it's hilarious.

How do you like that?" I can prove to you that rape is funny. Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd. See, hey why do you think they call him "Porky," eh? I know what you're going to say. "Elmer was asking for it. Elmer was coming on to Porky. Porky couldn't help himself, he got a hard- on, he got horney, he lost control, he went out of his mind."

I believe you can joke about anything. It all depends on how you construct the joke. What the exaggeration is. What the exaggeration is. Because every joke needs one exaggeration. Every joke needs one thing to be way out of proportion.

Give you an example. Did you ever see a news story like this in the paper? Every now and then you run into a story, says, "some guy broke into a house, stole a lot of things, and while he was in there, he raped an 81 year old woman."

And I'm thinking to myself, "WHY??? What the fuck kind of a social life does this guy have?" I want to say, "why did you do that?"

"Well she was coming on to me. We were dancing and I got horny. Hey, she was asking for it, she had on a tight bathrobe."

I'll say, "Jesus Christ, be a little fucking selective next time will you?"

That routine is awesome.
    "We are the change that we've been screaming for."
    - Strung Out, Mission Statement

If you receive rep signed -M, it's probably from me... or one of the other three people using the same signature. In the scheme of things though, do you really care?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I never said it was okay to force himself on her. I didn't say she deserved it. I didn't say that he wasn't wrong. I'm saying SHE'S A FUCKING MORON FOR GETTING IN THE CAR OF SOMEONE SHE DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW.
    As I had said, she had met him once before the party.

Or did you miss that part? :P

Angela
    *Reserves the right to change her opinion at any time.

"I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can." ---Edward Everett Hale

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.---Mark Twain

I met this bum on the street once, told me his name, how he needed bus fair... if I ever see him again I'm going to ask him for a ride.

Okay, whatever..if some of you people believe taking a ride from someone who you've met before constitutes consent to being raped..then there's not much hope in convicing otherwise.
    *Reserves the right to change her opinion at any time.

"I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can." ---Edward Everett Hale

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.---Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvane View Post
    Okay, whatever..if some of you people believe taking a ride from someone who you've met before constitutes consent to being raped..then there's not much hope in convicing otherwise.
    My god you're stupid and have the reading comprehension of a gnat. When did I ever say that her going in the car was consent to sex? Never! What I said was that she was wrong from the beginning to take a ride from someone she barely knew.

She met him once in a party. Oh so that makes him her best friend? Maybe you drive around with people you met once and feel confident they won't jump your bones, but most rational, common sense people don't do that these days.

Again, why do you continue to defend your position if you don't care how we feel about it? I'm sorry that you sister got raped, it totally sucks. Maybe next time she'll think twice about jumping into someone's car that she doesn't really know.
    Last edited by CrystalTears; 04-20-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: fix misspelling cause Nien and Khariz are pains in the ass :P

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    Was it right for him to force himself on her? No. Was it her fault for getting in the car of someone she barely knew? Yes. Do I consider one cancelling the other out for sheer stupidity? Unfortunately.
    That's a pretty ridiculous point of view. The fault of rape is always on the rapist. Was it stupid of her to get into the car? Yes...undoubtedly. Was her subsequent rape then her fault? No. It was the fault of the perpetrator. Always.

Probably because of dumb bitches who say yes, then don't like how the sex is going, then say no, and now suddenly the guy is a rapist.
    This I agree with and changes in the law to insert 5 second rules or whatever they are trying to do here undermines the possibility of getting sound convictions in the future. As Law-student-boy has pointed out, consent is key in the majority of rape trials and having to demonstrate that you gave and then withdrew consent and that wasn't complied with in an appropriate amount of time will make rape trials a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvane
    Yeah, should have known you guys would denigrate the situation into something like "was my sister a streetwalker".
    Then why bother throwing it in. Are you new to the PC? Don't know how things work here? Don't offer personal stuff into the argument in order to bolster your authoritae, if you don't want it torn apart and handed back in tatters.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaltears
    My god you're stupid and have the reading comprehension of a knat
    LOL @ knat

Quote Originally Posted by Nieninque View Post
    That's a pretty ridiculous point of view. The fault of rape is always on the rapist. Was it stupid of her to get into the car? Yes...undoubtedly. Was her subsequent rape then her fault? No. It was the fault of the perpetrator. Always.
    Agreed, however it was really stupid of her to get in the car in the first place. In the same degree that it was for that girl to go to Kobe's hotel room. Neither one is consent to get raped... it never is... but how about you don't do something stupid and go somewhere with someone you don't know or trust?

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

Absolutely.

They must have had the sense of a knat.

(teehee)