Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: food poisoning, maybe

Default food poisoning, maybe

So yesterday at lunchtime I walked to Chipotle to try to get some lunch. When I walked in the line looked to be at least 1/2 an hour long so I went next door to Quiznos. Usually, when I'm at Quiznos, I get the honey bacon club but today I was influenced by the advertising (I'm such a victim!) to indulge some kind of habenero-sauce drenched chicken sandwich.

As I ordered it, I was warned by the employee that it was a spicey sauce. She even offered me a miniature spoon with a dab on it. As there was a line behind me and I didn't want to look like a sissy, I declined her offer, grabbed my salt n vinegar chips, and went to the register.

I got back to school to eat the sandwich with some friends while watching the ManU game on the cafe tele. Now, let me say that I am a fan of spicy foods. I put two packets of Taco Bell fire sauce on any Taco Bell product (both for flavor and sanitation). I put one jalepeno into my guacamole for every alvecado I use. I like spicy things -- but the Quiznos employee lied to me. She told me that it was a spicy sauce when in fact she should have said it was unfit for human consumption. After eating half of the sandwich I discretely threw the other half away, finished my chips, and went to class.

I don't know if spicy food is enough to give you food poisoning, but I'd say after my experience yesterday, it is. 15 minutes into class I was sweating profusely. My skin temperature was through the roof. 20 minutes into class I was afraid I would projectile vomit into the row in front of me. I decided to leave class and go back to my house for the GI fun to begin. Gory details aside I ended up sleeping yesterday from about 5pm until 1pm today and then again from 3pm to 6pm today. Now I'm up. And fucking hungry.

I don't know if spicy food can give you food poisoning, but it's entirely possible that not only was it insanely spicy, but it was contaminated as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

I don't think you had food poisoning, when I had it I was vomiting every 20-30 minutes for like 20 hours straight. I couldn't sleep with horrible abdominal cramps and even after my stomach was empty every 20-30 minutes I'd wretch dry heave stomach bile. I couldn't even keep water down. After about 5 or 6 hours I was sipping tablespoons of tea just to have something mildly flavored to spit (that tasted better than stomach juices). The next day I could drink clear liquids. Worst 48 hours of my life.

Sounds like you might have just irritated the hell out of your stomach with caustic oils. Very sorry to hear you had such a horrible lunch- stomach problems (whatever the cause) suck bags of horse dick. Hope you're feeling well soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    so I went next door to Quiznos.
    This is all I needed to read.

Blog Entries

Gory details aside I ended up sleeping yesterday from about 5pm until 1pm today and then again from 3pm to 6pm today. Now I'm up. And fucking hungry.
    Might I suggest Quizno's habenero-sauce drenched chicken sandwich?

Also, do you live in M.D.?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I'm sure everyone has different reactions to food poisoning, but my experience sounded a lot like Clove's.
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I feel like Backlash is a baby sea turtle in every thread he jumps in- you want to root for the little guy to make it, but you just know he's going to get eaten before he ever tastes the ocean.

Same here. I went a whole day feeling like I had a full stomach with the gurgling and all. Its like my stomach would not let what was in it into my upper intestines and then it all came back up and out.

Keller just had a gringo experience.

I don't know if spicy food is enough to give you food poisoning, but I'd say after my experience yesterday, it is. 15 minutes into class I was sweating profusely. My skin temperature was through the roof. 20 minutes into class I was afraid I would projectile vomit into the row in front of me. I decided to leave class and go back to my house for the GI fun to begin. Gory details aside I ended up sleeping yesterday from about 5pm until 1pm today and then again from 3pm to 6pm today. Now I'm up. And fucking hungry.
    Not food poisoning - that doesn't typically take effect for 8 hours or so. More akin to someone lactose intolerant drinking a half gallon of milk. No fun.

Grab some Gatorade or Sprite - get some sugar in your system - and feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapp View Post
    I'm sure everyone has different reactions to food poisoning, but my experience sounded a lot like Clove's.
    Mine was too... I got food poisoning last summer. God, I thought I was going to die. Or wished I would, heh. But yeah, mine was pretty identical to Clove's. Couldn't even keep water down, and believe me I wished I were able to sleep away the pain. Mine was coming out both ends, and I got so horribly dehydrated because I was afraid to drink anything even hours after i'd last puked or sat on the pot, because the puking was so painful.

As a side note, you know your significant other REALLY loves you unconditionally when he or she will clean your EXTRA nasty puke up off the carpet because you couldn't make it to the bathroom.
    Last edited by diethx; 04-10-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    As a side note, you know your significant other REALLY loves you unconditionally when he or she will clean your EXTRA nasty puke up off the carpet because you couldn't make it to the bathroom.
    Yeah, that would be goodbye for me.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.