Thread: Waaagh! Warhammer Online

Default Waaagh! Warhammer Online

I just put in my Warhammer Online pre-order, and now they have pushed the release date to the Fall of 2008. Anyone else following this one with baited breath?

I was a huge fan of the table top version of the game and had tons of parts and paint all over my room when I was growing up. I am really hoping that all the delays are worth it and this turns out to be everything they are hyping it up to be.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

It's gonna flop
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

I followed it since back when Climax was doing it. The newsletters were awesome at first, but I've honestly lost most of my interest in the game. Seems too cookie-cutter WoW wannabe to me. And yes, I realize WoW ripped off their whole mythos from Warhammer...

I really want it to do well.....but who knows it's been in development for awhile now and keeps getting pushed back.

and WoW ripped off their playables races from Tolkien, who in turn ripped it off from German mythology.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the 40k tabletop... infact a few of my friends recently picked it back up again so I've been painting lately (hands are covered in paint, superglue and exacto knicks... )

I really hope it does well, but I doubt it will. A 40k MMO would rule, someone really needs to make an MMO that's different, in order to actually break people away from WoW.

someone really needs to make an MMO that's different, in order to actually break people away from WoW.
    World of Liberty City?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Warhammer beta wasn't overtly impressive, IMO.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000