Thread: Free, commercial free, streaming radio?

Default Free, commercial free, streaming radio?

Ok, so, since my move, Pandora.com no longer works. It craps out after 1-3 songs and goes dead. I can either try to fast forward or close the browser and try again. It general dies in the middle of a song I actual enjoy too.

I don't know if it's my ISP hiccuping to cause it, or if Pandora.com just sucks in this area (i.e. routing), but its no longer workable.

So what else is out there? I don't want to pay for XM or Sirius, most the channels blow and they aren't even commercial free.

I'd prefer something like Pandora.com where I sort of put in what I wanna hear. I do not want to just make my own list of music selections because I'll just end up with everything I own and get bored with it like I always do.
    Last edited by The Ponzzz; 03-24-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    ~ Mario

"A chi dai il dito si prende anche il braccio."

Last.fm is really nice, but I've been using Audioscrobbler to keep track of what I listen to for a long time, so its basically my own personal radio station.

Here's my user page. A good way to get a station started is to tell it to pick music like some artist you enjoy. Then you can skip the tracks you don't like and listen to the ones you do, which last.fm will keep track of and play the songs you like (and ones like them) more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Thanks Charlie!
    ~ Mario

"A chi dai il dito si prende anche il braccio."

No problem. I found it a while ago, but just starting listening again when I started my new job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Do you have iTunes? It has tons of free channels of all genres. I’ve bought CDs from listening to various channels.