Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What site do you use to buy hardware?

Default What site do you use to buy hardware?

I need to buy four 1 TB hard drives and I haven't bought any hardware for a while, what sites do you guys generally find the best deals on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

If you don't want the bullshit hassles such as paying the return shipping of DOA items ... Newegg.com. They're pretty damned prompt issuing an RMA with shipping tag.

Outside of that, I use pricewatch.com ... just be sure to read the feedback and not gamble with your cash. Sometimes the extra 10-20 bucks is worth avoiding headache.

Refurb Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1TB Serial ATA / SATA Hard Drive, 7200RPM, 32MB $215 plus shipping.

List of 1tb SATA hds .... http://www.pricewatch.com/hard_remov...s/sata_1tb.htm

But as I said ... go with Newegg and save yourself the potential headache.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...nd&Order=PRICE

Still usually newegg.com or tigerdirect.com

i havn't bought hardware in awhile but when i did i liked mwave.com

I usually do newegg.

Yeah, Newegg is the best place to go with. They usually have everything in stock and at really good prices. Only thing I think they are high on is CPUs, but you know you're getting the real product from them, unlike with Pricewatch. As have been mentioned, Tigerdirect is another good one and I have also had positive experiences with Zipzoomfly and Geeks.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Newegg.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Haven't bought hardware in a while, but I've always used NewEgg... even when I'm just "window shopping."

Agree with everyone else, Newegg seems to be the best. As long as you don't mind a shit ton of packing peanuts. But they ship super fast. My last two orders with them with free standard shipping had the items to me the next day.

I probably won't ever buy from Newegg again. I just had a crappy experience last time I tried. I was trying to upgrade a processor and I received 3 DOA's in a row. I had originally paid a lot of extra $$ for the overnight or two day or whatever shipping option, and after 3-4 weeks of trading processors I still didn't have one that worked. I was in a bit of a rush to get it done, too. I was really unhappy that after the second DOA, they wouldn't immediately ship out a replacement. They still had to receive the dead one, and they wouldn't give me a label for overnight return shipping on any of them. I know shit happens, but it was just a huge waste of my time :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.