Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: GS4 Forum Policy Update

Blog Entries

Default Official: GS4 Forum Policy Update

FORUMS POLICY UPDATE In recognition of the 5% of the poster population which constitutes 95% of the Moderator staff's attention, the Moderators have updated the method by which posters are evaluated for Cautions, TAC Warnings, and possible removal from the Forums. This updated method is intended to remove problem posters in a more expedient manner than before, and should be hardly noticeable by 95% of the posters on the Forums. The basic guidelines are as follows:

2 Cautions for a specific behavior (Inflammatory/Flaming, for instance), then 1 TAC Warning (totalling 3 pulls for one behavior).

1 additional Caution for a specific behavior, then an additional TAC Warning (5 pulls consisting of 3 Cautions, 2 TAC Warnings).

TAC Warnings for each additional violation of a specific nature, which can lead to Lockout.

Each post removed as a Caution will include a current tally of the poster's pulls for that specific behavior (total of TAC Warnings and Cautions). Moderators will alert the Moderator Manager of those posters which qualify for review of their posting privileges.

It is our intention that this update be virtually invisible to the majority of our poster population which, overall, tends to police itself. However, it's a necessary evil to ensure that the GSIV Forums remain a place where posters can feel free to contribute their constructive ideas and thoughts without worrying about being harassed or intimidated.

Please feel free to contribute to discussion about this update in the Forums Discussions topic, located in the Front Ends, Forums, and Computer Help category.

~
    GM Emeradan
    GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
    GemStone IV Forums
    ~
    "The Watchdog."
    ~
    GemStone IV: One MMORPG to Rule Them All.

This message was originally posted in Front Ends, Forums, and Computer Help, Forums Discussion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=3&topic=5&message= 530
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Fuck the officials.

----------------
    Now playing: Beirut - After the Curtain
    via FoxyTunes

You mean people still post there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

Well, I should be banned in week. Emeradan pulls posts of mine daily. I just can't NOT be an asshole.

Hahaha

I got locked out about 45 days ago.

Hilarious.

I got multiple warnings for my sig.

Officials: Internet Sandbox

and

Officials: Censorship Happy

Blog Entries

I used to enjoy reading and posting on the officials. But as I got older it just seemed so sappy and kind of goody goody so I stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Their terrible forum platform aside, the moderation is retarded. I haven't posted there in years.

Be thankful for your friendly neighborhood Players' Corner.

Emeradan is the worst thing to happen to the forums ever. He's even worse than that other asshole that would pull posts like crazy for the gayest reasons. I can't seem to remember his name though. Either way Emeradan still sucks ape cock.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Delyorik, was his PC name.