Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Tourette's Guy

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North American Continent
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRunt View Post
    A friend of mines son was "diagnosed" with tourettes. Not saying he doesn't have it but I personally think he's just psychotic. He's got a facial tic and can't stand not to wear a hoodie without the hood up. Which having to have something up against the face is a sign of tourettes but dealing with the kid I still say he has psychotic tendencies, he broke his little brothers arm pushing him off the swing he wanted and has assaulted his other siblings repeatedly. Hell was even kicked out of school for being agressive his mother thinks its the schools fault and is now homeschooling her kids for I think the third time? He was about 7 or 8 when this started.
    The violence could also stem from frustration/anger at being different or feeling a certain way and not understanding it. A lot of conditions don't have violence as an inherent symptom, but rage stemming from frustration and confusion I'd say is pretty common with a lot of diagnoses revolving around the brain and nervous system. With children especially, the ability to cope with that rage is probably far less than an adult.

    I hope the kid gets help and gets better. The mom sounds pretty clueless though-- some people don't get that just because you hold your kid responsible doesn't mean you hate your kid or should beat them or whatever, just that you recognize where the problem is coming from >.<
    Last edited by Mighty Nikkisaurus; 12-03-2008 at 07:57 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    6,410

    Default

    Sounds like ASD mixed with some Intermediate explosive disorder. Psychotic really isn't a diagnosis :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

  3. #23

    Default

    Yeah I know psychotic isn't an diagnosis from a medical view just a laymens term And mom isnt' clueless just very very protective of her kids. They can't do any wrong. Mom and Dad are both very intelligent book and school wise anyway. Both have 2 or more degrees can't remember for sure how many I think Mom has two and Dad has three but not sure. The other 3 kids seem relatively normal at least for there upbringing. Well the youngest not sure about yet since hes only 4 but so far so good on him the oldest is now 14 and I want her to marry my son, shes smart as hell has a good head on her shoulders for her age and cute to boot.

  4. #24

    Default

    Just because someone's book smart doesn't mean they're not clueless when it comes to being a parent.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-03-2008 at 11:56 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North American Continent
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Being overly protective to the point of not identifying that your child is the problem is clueless IMO. I'm not saying she's a bad mother, but from what you said she willfully turns a blind eye to the fact that her kid has some problems that aren't being addressed. When you're protective of your children to the point that you see serious issues they have as non-issues because of rose colored glasses, that's a problem and is very irresponsible.
    Last edited by Mighty Nikkisaurus; 12-03-2008 at 11:59 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Just because someone's book smart doesn't mean they're not clueless when it comes to being a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcissiia View Post
    Being overly protective to the point of not identifying that your child is the problem is clueless IMO. I'm not saying she's a bad mother, but from what you said she willfully turns a blind eye to the fact that her kid has some problems that aren't being addressed. When you're protective of your children to the point that you see serious issues they have as non-issues because of rose colored glasses, that's a problem and is very irresponsible.
    Agreed Mom and Dad do see a problem with the child and have taken him to Drs. but Mom still has a problem with the school because she thinks they should forget the other kids and focus solely on hers. And any trouble he gets into at school must be there fault because they aren't doing enough. But her homeschooling her kids this time around isn't just because of her son she's pulled them out of school to homeschool a couple of times for various reasons.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Waste Haven , CT
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    A kid that lived across the street from me as a kid had what he said was Tourette's. He argued and fought trees and plants all the time. He had "sex" with a NES in front of most of our class. (He banged a Nintendo?!)

    I'm watching TV 10+ years later, and the same kid is on two different VH1 reality shows. I LOLd

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,771

    Default

    How does one bang a Nintendo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Waste Haven , CT
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    They use their thang as a cartridge. I'm not kidding.

    Anyone know the name of that reality show with the rich British model/or something looking for a boyfriend? Was on TV about 2 years ago. I need to find video.
    Last edited by LMingrone; 12-04-2008 at 12:28 AM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rubble of the fifth wall.
    Posts
    17,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    How does one bang a Nintendo?


    I guess... You say "Bang! Bang!" while shooting an 8-bit clay discus and/or duck. You just need imagination: Your mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.

    Lesbian seagull, come fly with meeee.

    Quote Originally Posted by LMingrone
    They use their thang as a cartridge. I'm not kidding.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •