Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Really GOOD alters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    This is by far the prettiest piece of jewelry I've seen in a long time...

(And I'm not usually one for fluff, be it jewelry or clothes or anything that doesn't have a "use.")
    I adore it. Thandiwe took my primitive design and made it into something incredible. I'm planning to move it from a normal necklace into an amulet holder so it can see even more use.

Gretchen

My dopey wizard's longcoat:
    an oversized midnight blue longcoat fastened with dark moonstone buttons and furbished with bulbous drooping pockets

I dunno...i just like the word "bulbous" in an alter.

3. Default

Someone has an ugly stick that I think maybe one of the funniest things I've ever seen...

an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle
    Last edited by Allereli; 12-23-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle
    Hah. Love the Cauldron.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

a floral-motif eahnor ring
    Etched upon the center of a small moonstone crested upon the band of the ring, a stargazer lily with its petals proudly displayed dominates the jewelry with its presence. Slender prongs cradling the gem are crafted into the likeness of a bed of alpine violets, while the band itself is etched with tiny rosebuds that create a chain through overlapping from the stem of one to tip of the next. The only exception to the pattern is a small rendition of a sovyn flower.
    There appears to be something written on it.
    In the Common language, it reads:
    Love heals even the most wounded pride. Give me time.

I *think* Callaine made it (I'm not sure, it was a gift) but OMG, so beautiful. And the meanings worked in between the flowers and the moonstone are absolutely perfect.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

Hmm, okay...I have a few favorites but this one is the most recent and favorite at this point as it's finally something Misun feels comfortable in besides her 'normal' gear.

a flowing ivory chainsil bliaut double-wrapped with rich goldenrod sashing

Okay, and I have to put in her blade and shield, about the only shows she has:

an ivory-hilted white ora falchion
    The heavy, utilitarian white ora blade of the falchion is offset by the elegance of its hilt. Braided golden wire spirals around the ivory grip, while cobalt blue sapphires adorn the golden-hued quillions. Within the crossguard, an exquisitely-cut star of Tamzyrr diamond forms the eye of an ivory swan against a field of green enamel. The white ora falchion is surrounded by a pure white flickering flame that burns with the rage of divine fury.

A gilt-trimmed,white ora tower,shield ~ Threads of thin-spun gold twine along the border of this immense shield, rivulets of gilt set into the raised spine of ivory edging the piece. A star-of-Tamzyrr diamond, marquis-cut and centered on the convex surface of the white ora, creates the eye of an ivory-cast swan overlaying a glossy field of green enamel. The emerald plane is circular and studded at the border by trilliant-cut cobalt blue sapphires.

a diminutive demijohn hanging from twisted twine

A sand elemental holder.
    "Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, Oh how I wish he'd go away." ~ Mearns

To quote the comedian Emo Phillips, "I used to think the brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I thought, "Look what's telling me that."

This is one of my favorite so far:

a triple-strand twisted vaalin geldaralad

Three slender lengths of vaalin chain have been interwoven to form this elegant piece of elven jewelry. From it is suspended a perfect rose-cut deep blue sapphire, incised with a star-shaped heart of vaalin. Tiny leaves of pale jade are interspersed between the strands complementing the delicate blossom.
    Jolena's hooha would be breezy.
    Speaking quietly to Rhandi, Marclar says, "I'm a limp noodle..."

Like Avon products?
    Check out my online store!

http://jbergmueller.avonrepresentative.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avon/1...5392268?v=wall