Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Really GOOD alters

Since I just got this done by Bergraham, this is the bestest piece evar.

a golvern alloy-edged hoe

With a haft crafted from thick length ironwood and strengthened by carefully placed smooth iron bands, the steel-bladed hoe appears to be in good working condition. Polished to a dark brown sheen, the natural whorls of the wood grain are visible beneath the thick iron circles. A thick edging of golvern alloy adds a touch of bright embellishment to the blade. The only other adornment is a sigil of alloy inlay on the end of the ironwood pole, displaying the mark of the Farmer's Guild. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

It's a modified jeddart axe that I'm slowly working up to a full 10x.

2. Default

A couple of alters designed by GMs that I'm absolutely in love with. I own them, but I'd kill to get my hands on them if I didn't.

a fluid white satin cotehardie layered with a sheath of vaalin-hued silk gauze

a fitted onyx marbrinus cotehardie frosted with a rime of silver that creeps from the folds of the trailing skirts (also known by some as the rime cotehardie)

a silk-strung nathala agate nautilus ~ Strung from a dark blue silken cord, the nathala agate is carved with exceptional care to accent the various layers of hues and striations. Delicate grooves and curves upon the surface transform the piece into a tightly spiraled nautilus shell that is accented by the natural deep emerald bands. As the spirals widen, the color transitions through shades of green into blues that give way to a vivid turquoise at the outermost edge. Along the last arc is a flowing script accented by silver foil.
    There appears to be something written on it.
    In the Erithian language, it reads:
    May the Waters of the Sea sustain and surround you.

Gretchen
    Last edited by Nilandia; 12-23-2007 at 04:02 AM.

My dopey wizard's longcoat:
    an oversized midnight blue longcoat fastened with dark moonstone buttons and furbished with bulbous drooping pockets

I dunno...i just like the word "bulbous" in an alter.

4. Default

Someone has an ugly stick that I think maybe one of the funniest things I've ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarli View Post
    a dark ebony eonake falchion

This weapon is designed with an array of etched symbols for strength and protection scattered almost haphazardly across the blade. The sturdy hilt is carefully wrapped in a deep ebony leather softened for the utmost comfort in battle. At the base of the grip is a pommel of solid eonake, smooth and polished. Heatless violet flames burn across the falchion.
    Wrong thread!

an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle
    Last edited by Allereli; 12-23-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Hmm, okay...I have a few favorites but this one is the most recent and favorite at this point as it's finally something Misun feels comfortable in besides her 'normal' gear.

a flowing ivory chainsil bliaut double-wrapped with rich goldenrod sashing

Okay, and I have to put in her blade and shield, about the only shows she has:

an ivory-hilted white ora falchion
    The heavy, utilitarian white ora blade of the falchion is offset by the elegance of its hilt. Braided golden wire spirals around the ivory grip, while cobalt blue sapphires adorn the golden-hued quillions. Within the crossguard, an exquisitely-cut star of Tamzyrr diamond forms the eye of an ivory swan against a field of green enamel. The white ora falchion is surrounded by a pure white flickering flame that burns with the rage of divine fury.

A gilt-trimmed,white ora tower,shield ~ Threads of thin-spun gold twine along the border of this immense shield, rivulets of gilt set into the raised spine of ivory edging the piece. A star-of-Tamzyrr diamond, marquis-cut and centered on the convex surface of the white ora, creates the eye of an ivory-cast swan overlaying a glossy field of green enamel. The emerald plane is circular and studded at the border by trilliant-cut cobalt blue sapphires.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle
    Hah. Love the Cauldron.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

a floral-motif eahnor ring
    Etched upon the center of a small moonstone crested upon the band of the ring, a stargazer lily with its petals proudly displayed dominates the jewelry with its presence. Slender prongs cradling the gem are crafted into the likeness of a bed of alpine violets, while the band itself is etched with tiny rosebuds that create a chain through overlapping from the stem of one to tip of the next. The only exception to the pattern is a small rendition of a sovyn flower.
    There appears to be something written on it.
    In the Common language, it reads:
    Love heals even the most wounded pride. Give me time.

I *think* Callaine made it (I'm not sure, it was a gift) but OMG, so beautiful. And the meanings worked in between the flowers and the moonstone are absolutely perfect.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!