Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Really GOOD alters

Should probably add tattoos to this thread. Let's see those show tattoos.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    I found this in a player shop and it was perfect for my dark elf rogue. I think the show is pretty sweet. I'm not really good at coming up with good alters myself, so when I find one I like, I am happy to pay for it. I may switch up the noun a bit, but otherwise, it's perfect for my character
    Ha. I was wondering what flew off my shelves, then I stumbled across this bit of dejavu. That was designed at the first EG festival I think, and was perfect for my rogue as well. I just started playing again this year and thought it to be a bit over-the-top in hindsight, and have since grown into some sweet MBP. But I'm thrilled it went to someone so appreciative, cheers.
    Last edited by evasive1; 04-20-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Newest alter... was thinking I was going to need fashionista help with it, but I think it turned out pretty decent without any help.

>tap circ
    You tap an intricate rolaren circlet that you are wearing.
    >l circ
    This circlet is a labyrinthine set of multiple veins of variegated rolaren. Set amongst the smaller spaces between the veins are fusions of emeralds and golden topazes, each carved to resemble the various herbs found in the Elven lands. Seated prominently at the center of the circlet is a larger, more orbicular emerald and golden topaz fusion. Within its ovoid walls, a pair of crossed silver falchions sit beneath a gleaming crimson wyvern curling protectively around a resplendent green oak leaf.

There appears to be something written on it.
    >read circ
    In the Elven language, it reads:
    Our roots run as deep as our honor, pride, and glory.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

4. Default

Heres my current pride and joy.

A blackened witchwood staff. Its a profession based Heimer staff with the following show:

This staff appears to have been fashioned from the root and stem of an ancient witchwood tree. The length of the staff terminates in a root ball that looks remarkably like a wizened hand clutching a veil iron pentacle in its grasp. The nacreous black metal, accented by chaotic whorls of ghostly white, lends an eerie, almost otherworldly quality that complements the rest of the staff perfectly, while leaving little doubt about the maker's affinity for the black arts or of this weapon's deadly purpose.
    Last edited by Ravenwood; 02-19-2017 at 03:38 PM.

crimson snakeskin collar (what was asked for)

Merchant tossed in a show:

A smooth strip of reticulated snakeskin has been dyed a vibrant crimson, the color contrasting the wrought metal-scaled serpent that has been wound about the length of the collar.

In fairness it's time we resurrected the good alters thread as well:

You see XXX the Grandmaster of the Rogue Guild.
    He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
    It is difficult to properly see his features as the fully adjustable hood of his jacket is pulled down over his face.
    He has an enruned gold-inked band on his finger.
    He is in good shape.
    He is wearing a wide-brimmed bycocket adorned with a snowy eagle feather, a hooded jacket, a silver and gold pin, a thick leather knapsack, an unassuming weapon harness, a sleeveless tunic, an unadorned ring, a simple swordbelt, a veniom mesh coin pouch, an unembellished scabbard, an ordinary gem bag, and a pair of cuffed trousers.

Not so much any single alter here, but I think this is an excellent job of combining a bunch of simple items into the particular image of a sneaky rogue going about his business in the shadows without attracting much attention. Two snaps up in Z formation.
    Last edited by Merzbow; 04-03-2019 at 01:05 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    In fairness it's time we resurrected the good alters thread as well:

You see XXX the Grandmaster of the Rogue Guild.
    He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
    It is difficult to properly see his features as the fully adjustable hood of his jacket is pulled down over his face.
    He has an enruned gold-inked band on his finger.
    He is in good shape.
    He is wearing a wide-brimmed bycocket adorned with a snowy eagle feather, a hooded jacket, a silver and gold pin, a thick leather knapsack, an unassuming weapon harness, a sleeveless tunic, an unadorned ring, a simple swordbelt, a veniom mesh coin pouch, an unembellished scabbard, an ordinary gem bag, and a pair of cuffed trousers.

Not so much any single alter here, but I think this is an excellent job of combining a bunch of simple items into the particular image of a sneaky rogue going about his business in the shadows without attracting much attention. Two snaps up in Z formation.
    Found this Rogue in Icemule. He doesn't appear to be half sylvan or sylvan at all, but the two have similar taste in dress code.

He is taller than average and has a strong, robust physique. He appears to be in the prime of life. He has blue eyes and tanned skin. He has cropped, light brown hair just visible under a silvery veniom-threaded suede hood.
    He is wearing a silvery veniom-threaded suede hood, a crystal amulet, a glacial white suede coat with veniom threading, a tiny white jade snowhare pin, a pair of prismatic goggles, a patchwork soft felt pouch, an ivory white knapsack, a pale leather harness with a veniom filigree buckle over an amethyst moire shirt, a set of mist grey double leathers with silver buckles, a linked silver bracelet clasped with a vibrant saewehna, some muddy linen handwraps, an engraved mithril ring inset with tiny sunstones, a thin silver waistchain, a coarse burlap sack, a pair of side-laced white suede pants, and some alabaster suede boots with veniom laces.
    Richaard Zephyr
    Argent Aspis' Argent Bursar