Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Really GOOD alters

1. Default Really GOOD alters

We have a thread for entire outfits and for things we find ugly, but I didn't see anything for single items that we are in love with.

Let's see them!
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

a pair of galvorn-toed boots.
    >
    The boots are not laced, though rather clasped shut with straps of galvorn. They look like they would fare well in bad weather conditions.

3. Default

I got one!

a bracelet of triangular cedar and ebonwood beads

So simple, but pretty.

Gretchen

a dark ebony eonake falchion

This weapon is designed with an array of etched symbols for strength and protection scattered almost haphazardly across the blade. The sturdy hilt is carefully wrapped in a deep ebony leather softened for the utmost comfort in battle. At the base of the grip is a pommel of solid eonake, smooth and polished. Heatless violet flames burn across the falchion.

a small turnip-clasped neckpouch

Hung from a bit of canvas twine, the neckpouch is sweat stained and grimy from outdoor use. The cleverly wrought vaalorn turnip clasp keeps the contents from spilling, though the fraying bottom of the container might pose another problem.

Probably my favorite, due to it's not being as gaudy as most of the other things he wears. Especially since he's on his Farmer Guild alter kick.

6. Default

a slightly curved black dagger

The blade of the dagger is slightly curved, sharpened on both sides to allow slashing in multiple directions. Over a foot long, the blade is marked with a small silver-edged sword amidst a golden sunburst. A small fork is cut into the blade's tip, while the bottom six inches trailing toward the hilt are wickedly serrated. Curving down to protect the bearer's knuckles, the hand-guard of the hilt bears a sharpened outer edge. Strands of black leather wind loosely about the darkened oak hilt. You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Daulken's crafting mark.
    ~Kontii Slie'phox

PM me here, or find me in game or the GSIV Discord as Kontii

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zarli View Post
    a dark ebony eonake falchion
    The dark ebony part makes me scratch my head. Ebony in itself is a very dark black, how can you get any darker then that?

Well, that part I didn't do myself, I just had the show done.. that's how I bought the weapon.. so I can't explain it. You are indeed correct though of course.

Prolly doesn't really count as an alter, but the Assassin's note is a funky-cool item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Almost all my stuff rocks... Though I'll post my 3 favorite items.

an antique silver eahnor locket
    The oval locket of silver eahnor hangs from a slender tarnished chain. The scratched filigreed detailing on the front and back shows signs of an unforgiving past. The slightly warped frame prevents the locket from closing normally, allowing a glimpse of the time-faded picture of a young Ashrim couple within. A darkened tiny blood stain mars the delicate features of the woman.

an ornate archaic Ashrim warblade
    Weathered and ancient, this weapon bears the scars of many battles, lost and won. The slightly-curved blade is etched with wave-like Ashrim runes and the metal gleams in hues of silver and celestial blue. A fine layer of gilded blued mithglin has been added to the razor sharp serrated edge of the blade to prevent any premature wear. The ornate silver eahnor hilt ends with a perfect spherical emerald pommel marked with the royal crest of House Ashrim. You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Aetheri's crafting mark.

In the Elven language, it reads:
    Tempest's Fury

a faenor-hilted runic Ardenai warblade
    The blade of this masterfully crafted weapon is ornamented on both sides with a single column of golden elven sigils etched along the fuller. The handle, a solid piece of faenor inlaid with crisscrossing strands of gold, links the perfectly round emerald blazestar pommel to the ornate crossguard. An elaborate langet depicts a majestic oak tree composed of a faceted Mandis crystal trunk and hammered faenor foliage. Elegant script engraved in the ricasso along the arc of the tree top reads, "Solitude." You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.