Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lich and BlackLightning

Default Lich and BlackLightning

Rar!

So, I've been using Lich and BlackLightning together for ages...

Recently (with the last update, to 3.53, I believe) though, BlackLightning and Lich don't seem to be liking each other. Randomly, BlackLightning loses it's connection to the server (which it thinks is Lich). This has happened when I've walked into the Small Park, when I've been flipping/reading through my locker manifests, when I've been leveling... it seems to purely random as to when it happens.

Not having much practice with programming, I haven't a clue *why* this is happening... I upgraded from Lich v3.50 to v3.53, if that makes a difference. Jayonas (BlackLightning's creator) doesn't know what's going on either (besides knowing that it's something between BL and Lich, since Lich doesn't lose the connection to the server, only BL does).

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

What is BlackLightning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    What is BlackLightning?
    Black Lightning (I always forget the space, darnit) is a program similar to Lich... a utility program that lets you add functionality via plugins to enhance play of Simu games (not just GemStone, though GS is the game it's been mostly tested with I believe). Black Lightning is written with and uses the .NET platform, thus it's natively built for the Windows platform.

we'd appreciate it if you referred to it as colored lightning

The newest version of black lightning is being renamed to Toby

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvn View Post
    we'd appreciate it if you referred to it as colored lightning
    LOL How 'bout we refer to it as BL?

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    The newest version of black lightning is being renamed to Toby
    Heh.

no way, it's NAACP, not NAABP

does this have something to do with chocolate rain?
    Last edited by Jayvn; 12-14-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvn View Post
    no way, it's NAACP, not NAABP

does this have something to do with chocolate rain?
    No, it has nothing to do with chocolate rain, and everything to do with getting disconnected from the game right in the middle of doing stuff... which is highly frustrating.

Feh...

While I'm "complaining"... I might as well tack on the fact that ;magic doesn't track Sign of Thought anymore due to the updates to the ESP system and the SoT messaging going through the thought window instead of the story window.

(I read in the change-log though that if you give a script status-flag-something on, it'll still be given every single thing that comes through to SF... my problem is I haven't a clue how to find or set this status-flag.)
    Last edited by mgoddess; 12-15-2007 at 01:17 AM.

I don't know what's going on with v3.53... as far as the changelog (and my memory) is concerned, absolutely nothing is different from v3.51. I radically altered a lot of the StormFront stuff between 3.50 and 3.51 though, and despite it running with no problems for literally days on my computer, people are having strange issues like the one you're talking about.

If there's nothing you want from the new-and-improved SF stuff, just go back to v3.50 for the time being.

http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/L...50-Install.exe

As for the sign of thought thing... change the message in "spell-list.txt" from your Lich scripts directory to whatever it is now. All the info for tracking magic effects is read from that text file.

... then email the changes you made to me.
    I visualize a time when we will be to robots what dogs are to humans, and I'm rooting for the machines. -- Claude Shannon