Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bag of Random Crap from Woot

Default Bag of Random Crap from Woot

Have anyone else here ever managed to snag one of these mystery bags from Woot? I just got one today by sheer luck and it appears to be the bees knees to all the people who post there, but I'm not expecting much. Anything else usually worth it from Woot or is it basically just a wal-mart clearance outlet?

I've, to date, gotten two "bag of craps" and FAILED at least six times. Hate that their server crashes before you can buy!

First one was a goofy pink hello kitty backpack (just a severed kitty head you put stuff in) with a talking bottle opener, some wireless headphones and a fucked up little frog statue thing that beeps when water gets near it.

Second one was a rather decent leather laptop bag with a USB missile launcher (uses a camera and you target it from your PC to fire 4 nerf arrows) a cute little monkey keychain and a box of earplugs...

Friend of mine got a little 20" LCD flatscreen (not sure what else or what bag it came in)... and one of my coworkers claims he got an actual laptop, but I'm pretty sure he was bullshitting

I've heard tale of people getting 72 inch big screen TVs, but that could just be BS as well.
    Last edited by Lomoriond; 10-25-2007 at 11:27 PM.

?

Someone got me a toy monkey wearing a little leather pilot's helmet on Woot.
    You fling it across the room by grappling its arms between two fingers (it has a long elastic cord between the two that peeks out) and, when it flies into objects, it shrieks and howls when it bangs into stuff.

Its cape says woot! And in finer print, reads below as "One day, one deal - woot.com"

I am imagining if there was ever an object that needed to be placed on clearance immediately, it would be my monkey. That sentence sounded a bit weird.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 10-26-2007 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's, its != it's. Its != it's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Someone got me a toy monkey wearing a little leather pilot's helmet on Woot.
    You fling it across the room by grappling its arms between two fingers (it has a long elastic cord between the two that peeks out) and, when it flies into objects, it shrieks and howls when it bangs into stuff.

Its cape says woot! And in finer print, reads below as "One day, one deal - woot.com"

I am imagining if there was ever an object that needed to be placed on clearance immediately, it would be my monkey. That sentence sounded a bit weird.
    Those monkeys actually first got released at the end of a woot off, and were such a smash hit they actually ended up on ebay for several hundred dollars IIRC... if you have one of each color (I believe there are four colors right now) it is said you can control the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomoriond View Post
    Those monkeys actually first got released at the end of a woot off, and were such a smash hit they actually ended up on ebay for several hundred dollars IIRC... if you have one of each color (I believe there are four colors right now) it is said you can control the universe.
    For some reason, this is actually (and sadly) true, it seems.

I'm'a bring my monkey on the Antique Roadshow. What's that you've got there? A Ming vase? HAH! Eat monkey, heathen artificers.

My God, that'd be sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

HEADLINE: "$2.99 (+$5 shipping) screaming howler woot monkey destroys $7,000,000,000,000 ceremonial urn containing the ashes of BUDDHA HIMSELF!"

Ahem... you may now return to your regularly scheduled viewing.

Heh, if I get a LeakFrog, USB Missile Launcher, or a Woot monkey, I'll consider it an $8 well spent. Although a 20" LCD or a DVD player would be nice too. But I bet it will be a box of recycled floppy disks, a set of junky headphones, and a rubber stamp. I'll post whatever it is when it gets here.

I think I'm addicted to Woot now too goddamnit, so I'll probably get one of those probably spyware infested woot monitoring programs.

V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the crap you want, want the crap you get.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Revalos View Post
    H

I think I'm addicted to Woot now too goddamnit, so I'll probably get one of those probably spyware infested woot monitoring programs.
    Addicted... do you have three browsers opened at midnight each to night so you can see the latest woot.com, shirt.woot.com and sellout.woot.com as quickly as humanly possible? Do you debate calling in sick on woot-off day? Do you put on a screaming monkey t-shirt and jump into bed going "WOOOOOOOOT!" after you have just wooted?

I'm not addicted...

Leakfrog? Is that what it's called? Never understood what it was even good for until my mother's basement flooded... which is where it lives now (much the conversation piece for anyone who goes into the basement)

"Why is there a small cylindrical frog sitting the center of your basement?"
    "My son put him there because thats where the water starts collecting when it floods"
    "..."
    Last edited by Lomoriond; 10-26-2007 at 10:50 PM.