Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Conniving? Crazy? Convicted.

Default Conniving? Crazy? Convicted.

Woman convicted in case of baby cut from mother's womb

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- A woman whose attorneys had argued that she was delusional when she killed an expectant mother, cut the baby from her womb and took the infant home was found guilty Monday.

Lisa Montgomery was convicted of kidnapping resulting in the death of a young mother in 2004.

Jurors convicted Lisa Montgomery, 39, of kidnapping resulting in death in the 2004 attack on 23-year-old Bobbie Jo Stinnett in the northwest Missouri town of Skidmore.

The jury deliberated for about four hours before rejecting Montgomery's insanity defense. Jurors could have acquitted her outright or found her not guilty by reason of insanity.

Prosecutors said they plan to seek the death penalty. Attorneys will argue the issue Wednesday.

After the verdict was read, Montgomery dried her eyes and one of her attorneys patted her back. Her husband, Kevin, and Stinnett's husband, Zeb, showed no emotion.

Defense attorneys claimed Montgomery was suffering from pseudocyesis, which causes a woman to falsely believe she is pregnant and exhibit outward signs of pregnancy. They portrayed her as a victim of severe mental illness whose delusion of being pregnant was being challenged, causing her to enter a dreamlike state when the killing took place.

They also argued that she had post-traumatic stress disorder brought on by mental, physical and sexual abuse in her childhood.

Federal prosecutor Roseann Ketchmark called the pseudocyesis claim "voodoo science" during closing arguments...

Continued at: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/22....ap/index.html
    Last edited by Clove; 10-22-2007 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

I don't care if you are from planet zippy and have six personalities... if you cut a baby from another woman's womb, you have forfeited your right to live among human beings.

IMHO of course

Quote Originally Posted by Lomoriond View Post
    I don't care if you are from planet zippy and have six personalities... if you cut a baby from another woman's womb, you have forfeited your right to live among human beings.

IMHO of course
    Agreed. Thats one crazy bitch...

Quote Originally Posted by Lomoriond View Post

IMHO of course
    IMHO too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

She's fucked up, alright, but crazy or not, I'd rather she get the death penalty. But then, I spent a portion of my formative years in Texas.

I had to keep reading to make sure

"The only good thing that comes from this tragedy is that little Victoria is a healthy baby and is reunited with her family," U.S. Attorney John F. Wood said.
    I bet she'll have loads of therapy dealing with it when she gets older, but at least she's alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by DCSL View Post
    She's fucked up, alright, but crazy or not, I'd rather she get the death penalty. But then, I spent a portion of my formative years in Texas.
    I only wish she did this in Nebraska, so she would be guaranteed the chair and some fried brains. A lethal injection is too good for her.
    You just got Kong'd.

Do they still hang people in Texas? Because that sounds fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Do they still hang people in Texas? Because that sounds fitting.
    Texas has lethal injection as the sole method.
    You just got Kong'd.

fuck hanging..they need some of that good ole catholic shit where they slowly lower you onto the spike crotch first. fucking crazy bitch