Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance vs. Maul

Default Lance vs. Maul

It seems that a lance has the highest DF and pretty hig AvD across the spectrum of armor classes, but the maul is crush only.

For pure killing power, which weapon would you all reccomend? Neither of these weapons can be forged either correct?

Thanks
    -Matt

lance and maul glyphs were never released, so no they cannot be forged.

psinet seems to be down so i can only get the df values of the lance, and a perfect awl pike is superior in all the armor classes except skin when compared to a lance.

the appeal of mauls besides being only crush is the lower base rt compared to a lance/awl-pike.

for professions with access to precision, damage type might not matter as much since you can crush with them. If your agi/dex isn't high, I'd say go with a maul. If you can get your agi/dex high enough to get a managable rt with a lance, I'd say go for a perfect or even a superior awl pike.
    Last edited by Silvanostar; 10-13-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Mauls are superior for crit killing. Lances are superior for blood killing.

Ok, thanks for the help on this. I was just looking on Krakii and it only had the DF's of the standard items, none of the ones with the forging bonus.

If you are going to ambush, maul, if you are going to swing/haste-swing, lance. Mattocks can be forged which are substantially the same as mauls just a little better on brig and a little worse on plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

6. Default

Are the glyphs for the maul and lance ever going to be released or is that something Simu doesn't ever intend to ?

Mauls just fucking rock in general... granted we all know the killing power of a lance... but c'mon.. A giant fucking hammer>a long pointy stick.. plus just sit and picture a dwarf with a lance.. vs a dwarf with an awesome fucking maul.
    Although I could picture an elf skipping/charging with a lance vs smashing shit with a maul....

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Are the glyphs for the maul and lance ever going to be released or is that something Simu doesn't ever intend to ?
    I wish they would. Devs have said that they'd like to update the artisan system, i would love if they just released all the glyphs, especially these two.

If they would just release all the weapon bases, and some way to alter the the noun of crafted weapons to any of their approved names (i.e. sledgehammer instead of maul, shillelagh instead of cudgel, etc.) I would be ecstatic.

Anyone actually have DF's for mauls? I've got the AvD's for them, but I seem to be missing their DF's...

(And can someone remind me what the bonuses are on the different levels of forged weapons? I don't have that down anywhere either, which is bugging me.)

10. Default

Perfect Awl-Pike is the best weapon in terms of DF in the game. It is also the best for aiming, and without crit weighting and 10x needs the lowest endroll to crit kill over any weapon...including a 10x claidh (you might not believe that but try it out). The only downside is that you need over 100 ranks in ambush and bonding and max CM to actually aim the awlpike with any consistency...to the eye you may need a lot more.
    Last edited by Cademus; 10-13-2007 at 10:54 PM.