Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Yea

  1. #1

    Default Yea

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-presid...235200614.html

    First, the way the writer coddles Biden is sickening. Don't think Trump ever got that type of pillow wrapped coverage.

    Second, look at the dates when the writer says race relations were better till now.

    The reason race relations have gotten worse is because it's used as a political tool for literally everything. Just over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

    They keep calling any and everyone racist so often and so much, or tell others that the reason for all their problems is racism, that it doesn't surprise me that the numbers have trended the way they have.

    I'm not saying there is not racism in the world, I'm saying the majority of people don't care what color anyone is at all - until it's shoved in their face again and again.

    This is just so damn tiring the constant bombardment of race, sex, etc. over and over as the reason for literally everything. Example - people calling Tom Brady racist for beating Patrick Mahomes during Black History Month... and Gorilla Glue is racist in case you didn't know. https://www.nbcboston.com/lx/the-gor...dards/2300148/

    That's where the fuck we're at.

  2. #2

    Default

    There is so much wrong with the article and your post it's hard to know where to start.

    On your assertion "The way the writer coddles Biden is sickening. Don't think Trump ever got that type of pillow wrapped coverage". Please, don't even go there with the way Fox News gave that man a pass. His treatment by Fox News was pillows, wrapped in clouds, wrapped in feathers, wrapped in puppies, wrapped in cashmere. People at that news outlet participated in rallies with him. If Chris Cuomo participated in a rally for Biden you'd go ape shit.

    I did not read the whole article, because a third of the way through I judged it to be a biased article with flawed assertions anyway. But overall, the tone of the article comes across as blatantly skeptical of Biden's remarks during that town hall. So again, your "pillow wrapped coverage" comment rings hollow.

    Now, race relations as a political tool: Republicans/Democrats are both equally guilty of doing this. We all know which side you favor, so don't even pretend it's one side using it more often than the other. Both sides' hands are dirty on this front.

    "I'm not saying there is not racism in the world, I'm saying the majority of people don't care what color anyone is at all - until it's shoved in their face again and again."...I think this is true. But put yourself in the shoes of someone who experiences racism on a consistent basis. When the white man moved west when America was young and many were attacked and killed by Native Americans, did we as a people make a reasonable argument as to which Native Americans were benevolent and those that were prejudiced against us? Hell no. We slaughtered them all by the hundreds of thousands and forced them in to small tracts of land so we could manage them accordingly. In general, does modern society regulate against pit bull dogs that are bad but give a pass to pit ball dogs that have never hurt anyone? No. Counties pass blanket laws against all pit bulls. If you belong to a group of people that consistently face racism and persecution by another group of people, it goes against human nature to use rational thought and only respond to the select few of the group that are persecuting you. At some point you start painting the whole group with the same brush. We as humans would naturally hold a grudge against an entire group of people despite it being only a select portion that would be prejudiced against us.

    Then you cite examples of people claiming racism regarding Tom Brady beating Patrick Mahomes during BHM and the Gorilla Glue incident. I am not surprised there are people out there that believe both of those things. But I'm never surprised at the stupidity of people in general. But I certainly don't hold those people up that believe that stuff as an example of how most rational people, black or white, actually view those things. But you include those as prime examples of what you seem to think the majority of whatever "side" you are rallying against thinks.

    The article you reference is shit. Some of your assertions are understandable and I think are true. But your other assertions are shit and unfortunately even when you have a good point on something, it gets overshadowed by the fact that those other assertions are shit.

    To summarize using a quote from one of my favorite movies: "That's just weak song writing. You wrote a bad song Petey."

    Edit: Yahoo article was also trash because author used a citation for one of his assertions that leads to a Boston Globe article blocked by a paywall. I think that's shitty journalism to have a non paywall blocked article cite a source that not everyone can then fact check. I don't know if there's a legit way around that issue, but if I were writing an article, I sure as hell wouldn't back up my assertion with a source that not everyone could access.
    Last edited by Viekn; 02-20-2021 at 11:18 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    On your assertion "The way the writer coddles Biden is sickening. Don't think Trump ever got that type of pillow wrapped coverage". Please, don't even go there with the way Fox News gave that man a pass. His treatment by Fox News was pillows, wrapped in clouds, wrapped in feathers, wrapped in puppies, wrapped in cashmere.
    Fox regularly had guests and paid anchors/talking heads who would call for his impeachment and imprisonment and said dumb shit like Biden's inaugural speech was the best inaugural speech in the history of the world. I think most people get their information about Fox news from CNN or Huffington Post.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    There is so much wrong with the article and your post it's hard to know where to start.

    On your assertion "The way the writer coddles Biden is sickening. Don't think Trump ever got that type of pillow wrapped coverage". Please, don't even go there with the way Fox News gave that man a pass. His treatment by Fox News was pillows, wrapped in clouds, wrapped in feathers, wrapped in puppies, wrapped in cashmere. People at that news outlet participated in rallies with him. If Chris Cuomo participated in a rally for Biden you'd go ape shit.

    I did not read the whole article, because a third of the way through I judged it to be a biased article with flawed assertions anyway. But overall, the tone of the article comes across as blatantly skeptical of Biden's remarks during that town hall. So again, your "pillow wrapped coverage" comment rings hollow.

    Now, race relations as a political tool: Republicans/Democrats are both equally guilty of doing this. We all know which side you favor, so don't even pretend it's one side using it more often than the other. Both sides' hands are dirty on this front.

    "I'm not saying there is not racism in the world, I'm saying the majority of people don't care what color anyone is at all - until it's shoved in their face again and again."...I think this is true. But put yourself in the shoes of someone who experiences racism on a consistent basis. When the white man moved west when America was young and many were attacked and killed by Native Americans, did we as a people make a reasonable argument as to which Native Americans were benevolent and those that were prejudiced against us? Hell no. We slaughtered them all by the hundreds of thousands and forced them in to small tracts of land so we could manage them accordingly. In general, does modern society regulate against pit bull dogs that are bad but give a pass to pit ball dogs that have never hurt anyone? No. Counties pass blanket laws against all pit bulls. If you belong to a group of people that consistently face racism and persecution by another group of people, it goes against human nature to use rational thought and only respond to the select few of the group that are persecuting you. At some point you start painting the whole group with the same brush. We as humans would naturally hold a grudge against an entire group of people despite it being only a select portion that would be prejudiced against us.

    Then you cite examples of people claiming racism regarding Tom Brady beating Patrick Mahomes during BHM and the Gorilla Glue incident. I am not surprised there are people out there that believe both of those things. But I'm never surprised at the stupidity of people in general. But I certainly don't hold those people up that believe that stuff as an example of how most rational people, black or white, actually view those things. But you include those as prime examples of what you seem to think the majority of whatever "side" you are rallying against thinks.

    The article you reference is shit. Some of your assertions are understandable and I think are true. But your other assertions are shit and unfortunately even when you have a good point on something, it gets overshadowed by the fact that those other assertions are shit.

    To summarize using a quote from one of my favorite movies: "That's just weak song writing. You wrote a bad song Petey."

    Edit: Yahoo article was also trash because author used a citation for one of his assertions that leads to a Boston Globe article blocked by a paywall. I think that's shitty journalism to have a non paywall blocked article cite a source that not everyone can then fact check. I don't know if there's a legit way around that issue, but if I were writing an article, I sure as hell wouldn't back up my assertion with a source that not everyone could access.
    We can agree to disagree with the tone of the article - but I'll give you examples of what I'm talking about:

    "With typical Biden charm, which means impassioned answers interspliced between confusing word salad, he tackled everything from COVID-19 to climate change and reminded Americans what competent leadership looks like." - Sugar coating mistakes with "typical Biden charm" instead of he's not to bright.

    Then goes on to passively write about it. Where's the "OMG he's a racist POS uninformed white priviledge blah blah blah" type of coverage that Trump got. It's how they bracket the criticism with the "golly gee, he's just an old grandpa" or "that's just crazy ol'Joe!" type inferences to soften the criticism. I do agree Fox coddled President Trump, 95% of the rest of the media coddles President Biden. There has to be some levity to these things when examining them.

    We do agree that the writer is a bad writer.

    I get your what you're saying about the action/reaction of peoples vs those they have conflict with. I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that people have lived through that in our history, fought for, died for, and advocated for transitioning away from where your race, sex, or gender is the defining characteristic of a person. That progress was being made. That CONCEPT and IDEAL was being worked towards. But race is used like a bludgeon by the political class to keep peoples separated into the tribes.

    You say: "But I certainly don't hold those people up that believe that stuff as an example of how most rational people, black or white, actually view those things. But you include those as prime examples of what you seem to think the majority of whatever "side" you are rallying against thinks."

    Your statement IS a RATIONAL one. That is NOT what our politicians and media push. They paint whole swathes of people as x, y, or z based on the actions of a few. I support people, not tribes.. and if you think I'm overstating the exploitation of identity politics - then you are not paying attention.

    Thanks for the thoughtful response though, nice to talk through stuff like this instead of the name calling back and forth.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-21-2021 at 06:58 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    There is so much wrong with the article and your post it's hard to know where to start.

    On your assertion "The way the writer coddles Biden is sickening. Don't think Trump ever got that type of pillow wrapped coverage". Please, don't even go there with the way Fox News gave that man a pass. His treatment by Fox News was pillows, wrapped in clouds, wrapped in feathers, wrapped in puppies, wrapped in cashmere. People at that news outlet participated in rallies with him. If Chris Cuomo participated in a rally for Biden you'd go ape shit.
    I agree. Fox News did coddle to President Trump. Not sure when Newsmax started, but you can put them in that category as well.

    So now we both agree that two news channels were positive on Trump. Can you guess how many were negative on Trump?

    And now we have the opposite... Fox News and Newsmax shows President Biden in a negative light... can you guess how many are positive about Biden?

    Fox News isn't the balance to the entirety of mass media in this country. If you had just a few of the journalists in this country doing an unbiased job.. Biden wouldn't have gotten the nomination, much less win the Presidency.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  6. #6

    Default

    https://www.djournal.com/mbj/opinion...ef78cc4bc.html

    I'd say things were a bit skewed. Just posting data points.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    31,049
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Fox regularly had guests and paid anchors/talking heads who would call for his impeachment and imprisonment and said dumb shit like Biden's inaugural speech was the best inaugural speech in the history of the world. I think most people get their information about Fox news from CNN or Huffington Post.
    Fox was literally sucking his dick until towards the end. Then they switched to a handjob.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Fox was literally sucking his dick until towards the end. Then they switched to a handjob.
    That's the worst.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Fox was literally sucking his dick until towards the end. Then they switched to a handjob.
    What's wrong with getting finished off like that? It feel goooooooooooooooo - almost there - ooooooooooooooo - oh yea - oooooooood!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •