Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GS4-Feedback

Thumbs down GS4-Feedback

I just got a response to my feedback about my crossbow being nerfed. They didn't refute most of my arguments but rather insisted on saying something to the effect of "boo fucking boo."

Has anyone ever gotten a positive feedback response? I'd love to hear about it.

Well...I don't think my Feedback necessarily did the job...but the SGM I wrote to Feedback over eventually stepped down.

In DR, (alters were much rarer than GS), someone showed up to redeem a certificate of mine (after a year's wait) because I wrote Feedback over it.

I have never had anything positive from feedback, more like what Vmancer said.
    And I'd love to see what they wrote to you regarding your Xbow, becouse that was a pretty hefty nerf.

4. Default

I've had two nice experiences with feedback.

The first was in 2002, when I found a 7x very heavily crit weighted self-mana e-wave khopesh in an invasion (lost by a certain Ranger). I kept it and didn't tell anyone I found it. The next day GM-Uska duplicated the weapon, and low and behold, I ran into the duped creature (because no one could kill at who was around). I then had two identical weapons. I gave one back to the Ranger and didn't tell him I had another. Two weeks went by, and my item was mysteriously gone. I reported, and GM-Uska told me he "had" to delete one of them.

I wrote feedback and told them the whole experience, from finding it and not telling anybody, to the finding of the second duped weapon. I included logs, too. Three weeks later I got a reply saying GM-Uska was to give me the weapon back on the condition that I altered it. So, basically, I received a 7x VHC self-mana e-wave weapon for free, and I got it altered.

The second experience wasn't that long ago. There's a thread about it on here, actually. I got a warning for swearing, so I wrote feedback. They removed my warning. Here's the logs:

Dear sirs:

Three nights ago I was subject to a lamentable lack of customer courtesy and what I feel was an unnecessarily heavy-handed approach to enforcing policy within the game.

While my character (and my play style) are sometimes rowdier than is perhaps ideal, I have never in what I estimate to be ten years of gameplay received a warning for vulgarity; I consider myself generally skillful in selecting more appropriate (and/or humourous) words to express frustration.

Regrettably, I failed to do so on that night (15/4/07) and typed out of haste. I was in relative seclusion with one other person. Having been companions for quite some time, I'm certain that person did not complain.

Despite my record being clean of any mentions of vulgarity, as the GM Ikaan later admitted, I was given a warning and an official notation on my account history due to an accidental blurting. While I cannot justify the word I used, I am very unhappy that I did not receive the lenience for language that other players commonly do, namely the "soaping" mechanic or even a gentle SEND.

While the warning is valid under your policy, I feel ill-served by it, and would ask that a little more discretion be exercised when determining how strong of a deterrent to employ with your players, whether senior or new to the game. I ask as well that my warning for vulgarity be reviewed, and if not removed, then adjusted to record that it was my first warning for it and that I received no reminders or other leniency that such a warning would imply I had ignored.

Thank you for carefully considering my request, and I look forward to your response. I have the honour of being,

Very Respectfully, Your Obedient Servant,

Tabor.

Their reply:

Good day,
    I have reviewed the records pertaining to this official warning as issued by GameMaster Ikaan. First and foremost, the type of language used in this situation is something that can be considered a violation of policy. Whether a GameMaster chooses to give your character a soaping, a verbal caution or an official warning is up to the GameMaster themselves. This means that GameMaster Ikaan's choice to give your character an official warning is an appropriate method for addressing this matter and by no way did the GameMaster do anything wrong in doing so.
    With that being said, I have discussed this matter further with the Senior staff in regards to the issuing of the warning. Our discussion tossed back and forth whether or not your account history warranted its removal. Your attitude towards staff in the recent past regarding issues has been less than exemplary and has been bordering on violating our Mutual Respect policy noted in NEWS 5 16. That behavior weighed in heavily in how we chose to address the matter of this warning issued to Jenovadeath.
    We have decided to approve your request for removal of the warning and also provide you with an official caution to address your behavior else you will risk receiving future warnings that will not be removed. Verbally insulting and attacking staff is something we will not tolerate. Calling a GameMaster a coward in an attempt to get the type of response you want is not acceptable. Continuing behavior along this trend will find yourself receiving further official warnings for Disruptive Behavior and, ultimately, removal from the game will be warranted.
    This is the only caution of this type you will receive as future incidents will result in official warnings being issued. This will be noted in your account records and the GameMasters will be provided handling instructions for future incidents.
    The next time Jenovadeath is logged into the game, he will be placed into the referral queue. During the referral, he will have this official warning removed from his record. You will also be required to verbally agree to abide to all Simutronics policies in the presence of the GameMaster before being returned to the game. Agreement to this will act as your acknowledgement of this caution and the actions that will result should you continue. Failure to agree to adhere to these policies will result in the removal of your account from the game until you choose to agree.
    Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

GameMaster Antavian Giantwind
    Feedback, Simutronics Corporation

Wow, I never thought that being a thief and then throwing a fit about being caught could be rewarded so heavily. Kudos.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vulvamancer View Post
    I just got a response to my feedback about my crossbow being nerfed. They didn't refute most of my arguments but rather insisted on saying something to the effect of "boo fucking boo."

Has anyone ever gotten a positive feedback response? I'd love to hear about it.
    Never used feedback personally. Only needed help from the GM's a couple of times and they resolved it satisfactorily.
    This may be the most important moment of your life... commit to it.

No I got my hopes up that I'd get a positive reply from feedback when Ophion repo'd my tart kiln. To this day I still believe he was wrong but at least I learned never to get my hopes up that feedback will do the right thing it just happened to be an expensive lesson at the time.

Don't hate on Antavian!

Never kill the messenger! Gah!

P.S. Post up the alleged dribble they fedback, er?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberi Fatali View Post
    I've had two nice experiences with feedback.

The first was in 2002, when I found a 7x very heavily crit weighted self-mana e-wave khopesh in an invasion (lost by a certain Ranger). I kept it and didn't tell anyone I found it. The next day GM-Uska duplicated the weapon, and low and behold, I ran into the duped creature (because no one could kill at who was around). I then had two identical weapons. I gave one back to the Ranger and didn't tell him I had another. Two weeks went by, and my item was mysteriously gone. I reported, and GM-Uska told me he "had" to delete one of them.

I wrote feedback and told them the whole experience, from finding it and not telling anybody, to the finding of the second duped weapon. I included logs, too. Three weeks later I got a reply saying GM-Uska was to give me the weapon back on the condition that I altered it. So, basically, I received a 7x VHC self-mana e-wave weapon for free, and I got it altered.

The second experience wasn't that long ago. There's a thread about it on here, actually. I got a warning for swearing, so I wrote feedback. They removed my warning. Here's the logs:

Dear sirs:

Three nights ago I was subject to a lamentable lack of customer courtesy and what I feel was an unnecessarily heavy-handed approach to enforcing policy within the game.

While my character (and my play style) are sometimes rowdier than is perhaps ideal, I have never in what I estimate to be ten years of gameplay received a warning for vulgarity; I consider myself generally skillful in selecting more appropriate (and/or humourous) words to express frustration.

Regrettably, I failed to do so on that night (15/4/07) and typed out of haste. I was in relative seclusion with one other person. Having been companions for quite some time, I'm certain that person did not complain.

Despite my record being clean of any mentions of vulgarity, as the GM Ikaan later admitted, I was given a warning and an official notation on my account history due to an accidental blurting. While I cannot justify the word I used, I am very unhappy that I did not receive the lenience for language that other players commonly do, namely the "soaping" mechanic or even a gentle SEND.

While the warning is valid under your policy, I feel ill-served by it, and would ask that a little more discretion be exercised when determining how strong of a deterrent to employ with your players, whether senior or new to the game. I ask as well that my warning for vulgarity be reviewed, and if not removed, then adjusted to record that it was my first warning for it and that I received no reminders or other leniency that such a warning would imply I had ignored.

Thank you for carefully considering my request, and I look forward to your response. I have the honour of being,

Very Respectfully, Your Obedient Servant,

Tabor.

Their reply:

Good day,
    I have reviewed the records pertaining to this official warning as issued by GameMaster Ikaan. First and foremost, the type of language used in this situation is something that can be considered a violation of policy. Whether a GameMaster chooses to give your character a soaping, a verbal caution or an official warning is up to the GameMaster themselves. This means that GameMaster Ikaan's choice to give your character an official warning is an appropriate method for addressing this matter and by no way did the GameMaster do anything wrong in doing so.
    With that being said, I have discussed this matter further with the Senior staff in regards to the issuing of the warning. Our discussion tossed back and forth whether or not your account history warranted its removal. Your attitude towards staff in the recent past regarding issues has been less than exemplary and has been bordering on violating our Mutual Respect policy noted in NEWS 5 16. That behavior weighed in heavily in how we chose to address the matter of this warning issued to Jenovadeath.
    We have decided to approve your request for removal of the warning and also provide you with an official caution to address your behavior else you will risk receiving future warnings that will not be removed. Verbally insulting and attacking staff is something we will not tolerate. Calling a GameMaster a coward in an attempt to get the type of response you want is not acceptable. Continuing behavior along this trend will find yourself receiving further official warnings for Disruptive Behavior and, ultimately, removal from the game will be warranted.
    This is the only caution of this type you will receive as future incidents will result in official warnings being issued. This will be noted in your account records and the GameMasters will be provided handling instructions for future incidents.
    The next time Jenovadeath is logged into the game, he will be placed into the referral queue. During the referral, he will have this official warning removed from his record. You will also be required to verbally agree to abide to all Simutronics policies in the presence of the GameMaster before being returned to the game. Agreement to this will act as your acknowledgement of this caution and the actions that will result should you continue. Failure to agree to adhere to these policies will result in the removal of your account from the game until you choose to agree.
    Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

GameMaster Antavian Giantwind
    Feedback, Simutronics Corporation
    LOL didn't you have to spam feedback 472308 times per day for a few weeks with the first incident before they gave you the sword back?

And if I remember right, didn't the 2nd incident turn into some wildly entertaining massive uproar thread on here at the time?

Not that either matters, just curious.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

I've used feedback twice. The first time, I recieved a non-answer, as per staff policy. However, I did get some interesting information reguarding the warn-interaction command that can most definately be used to my advantage.

The second time was a complete waste of time, as usual.

In God we trust; All others we run through NCIC.