Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XFL

Blog Entries

Default XFL

It was actually pretty good. Not many penalty flags, dudes are hitting hard. Projectile vomit on the line of scrimmage too.

The flow of the game goes great, especially with 25 second play clocks and a game clock that only stops for change of possession and in the 2 minute warning periods.

I especially love the fully transparent review process and everyone being mic'd.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I was surprised that they are taking a 2nd shot at this league.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I was surprised that they are taking a 2nd shot at this league.
    Eh, they're not even close to being the same thing. They're just using the same name, likely because Vince already owned it and people are familiar with it.

I like it so far. I didn't think I'd like the kickoff changes, but they seem to be working out alright. I also like the clock changes they've made. The extra point attempts should get better and I think we'll eventually see the results sort of bleed over into the NFL as teams and coaches develop better strategy for success which I assume will lead to more 2 point attempts there.

I'm not sure I like so much of the behind-the-scenes stuff. Do we really need a reporter/camera crew in the lockers at halftime? Some of that stuff I think would be a nightmare for coaching staff with so much of the play calls being broadcast and whatnot. On the other hand, the sideline reporting is interesting as is listening in on the ref conferences we see on-field. Matt McGloin melting down, talking about needing to change the entire game plan at halftime, and possibly causing his own benching was amusing.

I've watched all of the games so far. Comparatively, I watched zero seconds of the failed AAF. There was just nothing enticing about it at all. For whatever reason, I really never picked up much of anything about the league in general. I don't know which rules, if any, they tweaked. To me it felt rushed like they just wanted to do it to get out ahead of Vince and the XFL and they ended up eating shit for doing so. The rule changes in the XFL alone were enough to get me to check out some games and they've not been bad.

I saw somewhere that the ticket revenue for just the first weekend pulled in more money than the entire AAF season. Overall, I think it would be good for the league to succeed and I hope it does continue to do well and grow.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Houston is looking pretty great. I was pulling for Dallas, because they are the closest team to me (and I'm still going to, because I'm not the type to hope teams), but the Houston games are a lot more exciting.

Thing is, nothing can compete with the deep pockets of the NFL. No matter how good the rule set or it is, NFL is just a machine that will roll over anything that gets in it's way.
    Last edited by Sile; 02-18-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    Thing is, nothing can compete with the deep pockets of the NFL. No matter how good the rule set or it is, NFL is just a machine that will roll over anything that gets in it's way.
    This is why XFL doesn't start until after the Super Bowl.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    It isn't competing with the NFL. It is during the off season. It is basically a D League for the NFL.

Kaepernick tried to get into XFL, then he demanded $2m per game and got told to go fuck himself
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Kaepernick tried to get into XFL, then he demanded $2m per game and got told to go fuck himself
    He's human trash.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

He'd probably be pretty good in the XFL, but the best QBs are pulling about 470k a year.