For those of you who prefer GM info to speculation:

----

> However, I would speculate that the more upgrades your badge has, the more charges it can hold. (My post. In my defense I asked for GM clarification if I was wrong which Strath provided) >>>>>

Untrue.

Good summary and advice, otherwise.

-Strath

----
----
----

<<I just started doing guild tasks and have a few questions. Can the points only be used on the upgrading the badges? Also lets say I get the strength bonus, how much of a bonus is it and how long does it last?

Strahetya>>

You can purchase other prizes with your bounty points also. Things like black crystals, treasure items with random spells in them, treasure chests, etc. You can ask the prize dude to get a list of what's available.

For the badges:

How much you can upgrade them is based on the points you have earned, but you don't actually have to spend points to upgrade the badge.

How much your badge is upgraded (and your level) will determine how much of a bonus you can get in any specific category. Also which thing you choose to enhance plays a part. For instance, you might be able to enhance your Strength by 3 pts, but if you pick a more "expensive" item, the allowed enhancement might be less.

For stats you can choose to enhance either the stat or the bonus. With skills you can choose to enhance either the ranks or the bonus. So you need to pick which is most beneficial for your character's stats/training.

To actually get benefit from your badge, you have to use points to buy charges. One purchase of charges doesn't fill the entire badge, but you can keep buying until you run out of points or the badge is full. (Though so far I've just purchased one set of charges because by the time they run out I'll have more points and will want to upgrade and change the enhancement level.)

If you change what is being enhanced on your badge in any way it wipes out any remaining charges in the badge. So once you make a change you will need to spend points to purchase new charges.

How long the charges last varies based on how much time you spend wearing the badge while logged into the game, and how lucky you are with the dice rolls for the random charge drains. (My personal method is to only wear my enhancive items when I actually want to use the benefits, for hunting or doing creature bounty tasks, because I spend quite a bit of time in the game doing other things too.)