Page 298 of 325 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3247

Thread: A thread for people who finished a Post-Cap goal Today

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    I never did daily or combat Haste (pre celerity). I learned cman quickstrike the moment we got a stamina pool and the cman to lower my own rt when I wanted to, to go with mstrikes (more damage per second of rt with more swings) and the rts normal for my profession that I got used to.

I might use it for the ultility rt someday only if I get a wearable x/day. SK I don't care about because it'll never work without a pia (in the field), not without removing or nullifying armor (like carrying around minor sanct oil). Something to consider, but not when compared to earth's direct bonuses to a larger range of things.

Air had no benefits that I was interested in for 400's or really for any other circle.

Any less than 98 in Earth would reduce AS from the outside spell I most commonly wear (the only one really, I don't bother with small statues or floating disk nearly at all) that is not difficult to get. It also beefed up 400s decently.

I am and have been attuned since the Confluence opened, to Earth. It was my first flare as well from Wonders of Elanthia on my previous plate and best in theme to the mountain, strong etc. Also, it has some nice not too crazy messaging and good head/neck fatalities!

These two are the ones I most looked at, the others are spells unlikely to boost me much but probably Mental Lores after more mana controls or something easier for a little break. Sorc I'd probably go Necro even though I don't ever plan on rot flares. I have to look at what they have again but unlikely to be actually useful for me.
    I do quickstrike UAC with Striking Asp Stance. It may not be the best combat style but being able to throw a 1 sec aimed punch every minute isn't bad. Someday I'll pick up MOC but it's expensive and I can only 1x so it's less appealing for a rogue than it is for a warrior. 506 imbeds are nice but I run through mine really fast. 509 would last a lot longer and would probably be the better choice.

You ain't kidding about Air Lore with the 400s. Nothing of value is there and I would only take Air Lore for 506. But 98 ranks of Earth Lore, on the other hand, gives you: +22 AS from 509, an 8% chance for a magic barrier with 414 and a 7% chance for crit padding with 430. Considering how brutal and quick death can be in GS, anything to keep you alive is worth it. I consider Air Lore more if it increased the disk size for non-wizards, but sadly it doesn't.

I was leaning towards earth as an attune element as well. It makes the most sense for squares in imo. Outside of making 411 flares *slightly* stronger, attunement is only useful for fighting in the confluence. God knows how a rogue is supposed to hunt there thought. I'm guessing TWC but every critter in there looks like it will be a chore kill. I guess Hymore will be stuck in Nelemar for years.

I'll save you a bit of time with the Mental and Sorcerer Lores:

Divination: You can cast 1217 on people in adjacent realms at 30 ranks. Yay!
    Manipulation: Nothing. Every benefit is tied to warding spells.
    Telepathy: 1205 will give sheer fear immunity for 30 seconds with 25 ranks.
    Transference: 1215 has a 38% chance to avoid a second attack at 91 ranks.
    Transform: Aside from reducing the roundtime from the empath repair spells: 75 ranks gives +5 AsG with 1202. 91 ranks gives +13 UAF with 1209, 88 ranks gives 47% to disarm attackers with 1214.
    Necromancy: Rot Flares (36 ranks is the sweet spot) and +12% grapple chance with 709.
    Demonology: Lets you phase a 22 lb container with 99 ranks.

Lastly, I have a small question. Does a spell count as self-cast if you use an imbed? Like using a white crystal for 509?
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

I actually checked out mentals last night.

Some of your ranks are off, for instance the max a square can get transformation to boost 1214 is 84 ranks for 14% bonus. This applies to any non monk as 1200s is a minor circle and double lore ranks required.

I’ll go with Telepathy though, and look for 1213 & 1235 items.

R,

I went 100% Blessing in Spirit Lore. The payoff on 117 outweighed anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    R,

I went 100% Blessing in Spirit Lore. The payoff on 117 outweighed anything else.
    This is how I kind of saw it also, though I haven't bothered to train that high in minor spiritual spells yet. It still pays off when you rub a blue crystal or what not. Right now I'm just sticking with the redux I have, and amassing a pile of TPs for some as of yet undetermined purpose.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    R,

Yea the boost to 117 has been great. I was at 11 ranks for awhile so even from 6% to 21%. I’ll miss the extra 9% but I like 116 too much. It’d take a Heroism SK I think for me to go all Blessings but it affects a lot of spells so would have alot of other bonuses.

Experience: 25,001,101

Last edited by Methais; 07-10-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Out of my mind. (Northern Illinois, same diff)

Demianna CygneNoir

Experience:
    Experience: 20009159
    Fame: 115987397

Skills:
    Skill Name | Current Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat...............| 20 4
    Armor Use..............................| 403 303
    Shield Use..............................| 203 103
    Combat Maneuvers..................| 302 202
    Two-Handed Weapons...............| 302 202
    Brawling..................................| 302 202
    Ambush...................................| 90 20
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 302 202
    Physical Fitness.........................| 403 303
    Dodging....................................| 325 225
    Arcane Symbols.........................| 201 101
    Magic Item Use..........................| 201 101
    Harness Power...........................| 157 57
    Elemental Mana Control..............| 105 25
    Spirit Mana Control....................| 105 25
    Survival....................................| 270 170
    Perception.................................| 268 168
    Climbing....................................| 201 101
    Swimming..................................| 201 101
    First Aid.....................................| 250 150
    Trading......................................| 201 101
    Spell Ranks:
    Minor Spiritual :9
    Minor Elemental :6
    ~ The Beguiler ~

...Here is Belladonna, The Lady of the Rocks, The lady of situations.
    Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
    And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,
    Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
    Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find
    The Hanged Man. Fear death by water...

... T.S. Eliot "The Waste Land"

9. Default

Leafi:
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 201 101 101

Next I'll retrain Spell Aiming... for the third time!

My bard:
    Harness Power......................| 302 202 202

Now to get to 100 bard base for +24 CS.
    Last edited by Leafiara; 07-22-2018 at 06:03 AM.

10. Default

Experience: 15000291

I'm working on 2x to 3x dodge. It's a long road.