Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: When do you stop training in Spell Research (pures)?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    1,060

    Default When do you stop training in Spell Research (pures)?

    Quick question for the number-cruncher-bots (i.e. people who can do math, unlike me):

    At what point do I start getting no real value from continueing to train in Minor Elem and Major Elem spell ranks? I know that as an Enchanting Pure I should do Wizard Circle until capped (halfway there, baby!) but I've heard that after a certain rank I'll no longer see any real benefit from the Minor and Major spell circles? What point is that (assuming I have not been misinformed, which is possible)?

    Thanks, as always, in advance!
    Nothing to see here.

  2. #2

    Default

    Well training in any circle helps your CS some and if you are casting CS spells from that circle it helps it more. MnE essentially ends it's benefits (other than CS) at 74, that's when elemental targeting bonus maxes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Well training in any circle helps your CS some and if you are casting CS spells from that circle it helps it more. MnE essentially ends it's benefits (other than CS) at 74, that's when elemental targeting bonus maxes out.
    Great, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

    And what about Major Elemental?
    Nothing to see here.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordBacl View Post
    Great, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

    And what about Major Elemental?


    Major elemental has effects on haste that mix with air lore and which I'm not to clear about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Major elemental has effects on haste that mix with air lore and which I'm not to clear about.
    Taken from Krakiipedia

    The Haste spell appears to provide a reduction in Roundtime based on the following formula (all fractions are rounded down):
    Final RT = (RT - [1 + X + Y]) * (100 - [25 + Z])%
    X = Air Lore Bonus; Increases by +1 at 24 ranks, 100 ranks, and 200 ranks
    Y = Major Elemental Bonus; Increases by +1 at 51 ranks and possibly 100 ranks
    Z = Major Elemental Spells Known / 3
    For example, with 27 MjE ranks, 24 Air Lore ranks, and a five second Roundtime:
    X= 1; Y = 0; Z = 9
    Final RT = (5 - [1 + 1 + 0]) * (100 - [25 + 9])%
    Final RT = 3 * 66%
    Final RT = 1.98; Which rounds down to a 1 second RT.

  6. #6

    Default

    When you have 303 spell ranks!

Similar Threads

  1. F2P Spell Research
    By Maerit in forum Game Mechanics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-15-2022, 07:45 PM
  2. research for CM training effect on combat maneuvers
    By gilchristr in forum Game Mechanics
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 09:48 PM
  3. Where to stop armor training?
    By kcostell in forum Bard
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 08:38 PM
  4. Good point to stop training in Religion Lore?
    By GuildRat in forum Cleric
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 11-26-2014, 12:43 PM
  5. Redux, Spell Research, CHECK IN
    By DaCapn in forum Game Mechanics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •