Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Abuse

Default Power Abuse

Ok...I know this has probably happened to everyone at some time in the lives of GS. Probably everyone has run into problems with a big bad bully. They push us around when things dont go their way because they know they can. For the countless time this has happened to me and my chars again. I've been in the lands for almost 3 years now, but unfortunatly my chars are not that high in trains. I tend to do this thing we call "Roleplay." I tend to RP more than hunt. My fault...I'll admit it. But what ever happened to respect? Since when was it we should only respect those at the level cap? What about respecting someone for who they are...not how strong they are? Time & time again I've been put in situations where I am RP'ing something out with someone and when it doesn't go their way, bam! They run to game mechanics. What do you others do in times like this besides turning it into a stupid blood bath? I try to pride myself on the fact that overall, I'm a nice guy. My chars too...are nice guys...too a point. Neither of my chars would want a blood bath.

As I said before, this happened to me again today. Granted, I probably am not 100% innocent, but it's getting incredibly annoying that just because I'm not as many trains as someone else that this fact needs to be abused. I crack jokes in this game to try and make it fun for others yet i'm punished everytime i do. Due to the fact that I don't want to add fuel to the fire or drag this out any longer (Must be that nice guy in me), I'm leaving names out of this. It started on the amunet because someone thought out, "Ew..omg." Seeing as how GS is not a chatroom or is "omg" not a real word, I decided to have some fun, see what this guy would do. Jokingly my char thought out, "omg? whats omg? is that a new type of omlet? i like omlets." Obvously this guy didn't like my joke because he then started yellin at my char to "shaddap." Being a follower of Eorgina & not really keen on being told what to do, my char turned down those requests. This person then walked into TC, pointed at my char and profoundly told me that...he didn't like me. Am I Supposed to be upset by that? Like i would expect someone telling me to "shaddap" would want to give me a hug and shout out, "I love you man!" I don't think so. Saying really the only thing my Eorgina follower would say he stood there and said "Great Eorgina whatever shall i do?? is this where i wail & cry that you dont like me?" Again, I don't think he liked that due to the fact that he then used his clear glass wand (me thinks someone was planning the following the whole time) and left my char heavily stunned in TC so my char could "think about that."

Why is it that the older people get in this game, the most of them seem to loose their brains? I've always been told to get respect you must first earn it. If playing a character to their true life is not enough to earn some respect, what's the point? Training over & over just proves that you can train your char. Congrats for you! Before people jump to say, "Well hey he's just RP'ing that," No..I don't buy it. He's just being a jackass. There is Evil and then there is Jackass. Most people need to learn the difference. If anyone else feels the same, please let me know.

I'm going back to have some fun. It's what games are for. I think.
    When the Darkness within you starts to burn...feed the fire

"I have defied Gods and Demons...
    I am your Shield, I am your Sword...
    I know you. Your Past, Your Future"

I know your pain, I've delt with it for years..I can site so many examples...it would outshine an Atheana thread..so I'll spare us.

-Adredrin
    Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

3. Default

You need a tough hide to RP an evil character, or even just a smartass character, especially at a lower level.

Just know at the end of the day that you're doing "that wonderful thing called RPing" and that's what the game is for. We could use more RPers, if nothing else.

-K
    GimmeDatPony [9:44 PM]: HAHA thwat if s a townw as claled
    GimmeDatPony [9:44 PM]: FRANCEALOONS.
    Jojobabee [9:44 PM]: ...............
    GimmeDatPony [9:44 PM]: HI IM FROM FRANCELOONS
    GimmeDatPony [9:44 PM]: ITS LIKE PANTS
    GimmeDatPony [9:45 PM]: BUT YOU LIVE IN THEM

Oh with half the crap my chars have gone thru over this time i've been playing? I have a tough hide. Don't even get me started on a certain giantman. But have you ever noticed that dealing with people like this is like being hit over & over with really annoying lil rubber balls?? Ok..yes...I'm aware that sounds odd but it's 12:15 a.m. and I'm tired. Meh :P
    When the Darkness within you starts to burn...feed the fire

"I have defied Gods and Demons...
    I am your Shield, I am your Sword...
    I know you. Your Past, Your Future"

you have a 'Nice guy in you' ?

Shimm
    ::
    >prep 760
    You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Cure Depression ...
    Your spell is ready. ::

Heh. What happened to you is anything but unusual. The other player was out of line for reacting in the way that (s)he did. However, you can expect that reaction from a goodly portion of those people who use chatroom speak on the amunet. They have already proven they do not care to roleplay by doing that in the first place, so it should come as no surprise.

Oh, and roleplaying instead of concentrating on earning levels is not your "fault". In my opinion, it is greatly to your credit! Just enjoy the game in the way that best suits you, and ignore the idiots. Correcting them on the amunet is only going to buy you more of the same, unfortunately. It is also a hopeless endeavor.

HarmNone feels your pain
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.

Let me put a different spin on this...

Is it in character for you to belittle and make fun of someone you know can blast you into tomorrow with a quick flick of their wrist?

While I am not a fan of the 'elder' characters merely roleplaying with their levels.. I do find it somewhat annoying that someone who is of very low levels chooses to bother someone they know can easily kill them... and resort to the bully label.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I am that bully, I pick on people, I am older than many people, I use that to my advantage,
    why would somebody who knows im stronger and faster and can kill them on a whim insult me... would you have gone into a tavren and picked on the giantkin holding a executions sword? no i highly doubt that.
    so you got what was comeing to you for you know your weaker and you know that they can beat you, you must learn to deal with it

I see both sides but do we know that DarknessWithin knew that this person was stronger?

If I'm a young girl in a tavern and this great big experienced warrior at the bar says something stupid, yes I'll shut my mouth unless I have a death wish. But on the amulet, you can know either because you've seen them around or you check their fame (which is OOC. I don't think a character's decision to respond to someone should be based on checking fame).

Like HarmNone said, it shouldn't come as a shock, at least in this situation. There are a few (rare) people who pull off interesting evil characters. Keep an eye out for them and try to RP with them. You'll find it a lot more satisfying.

10. Default

I'm an equal opportunity pain in the ass.

If they're older, I'll play the game and take my beatings for a while.. but when they sit there and bind me for an hour because I make them look like the idiot they are and they throw a fit, I get pissy.