Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII

Default Final Fantasy XII

Bought this a couple of days after its release in America. Already logged close to 40 hours and I’ve only just acquired the first Esper.

I am enjoying this game immensely. The skillsets are simpler, the artwork is amazing (not to mention the game fits a widescreen ratio), and the story and chars have been deep.

I like the teleport system, both the stones and the moogles. The whole quest thing between story lines is awesome.

Lets talk about tactics... I’m bringing up Vaan as a sword swinging, heavy armor wearing (for attack strength) magic user. Balthier is a gun using light armor technique guy. Fran is ranged, light armor all magic. Basche is flexible hardest weapon, hard armor, technique user. Ashe uses staves, magic of course. Penelo uses daggers, hard armor, shield and techniques.

Gambits are like scripting. I find myself adjusting gambits often. An improvement on the old system.

Story better than 7, 3? Game better than 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Story better than 7, 3? Game better than 8?
    Sorry, never played those.

4. Default

I wouldn't say the story is better than Seven's but I also wouldn't compare them. The game is good fun and was a great story and voice acting. I personally dumped about 110 hours into it and could probably put in another 40+ if I wanted to go through and finish getting al the final items. Main complaint are the story fights are way too easy and you can beat the game at level 40 without breaking a sweat. Gambits were totally fun with it and I find myself thinking how great they would be for any RPG I play now. If you like FF its much worth the play time.
    Player of Greys
    Discord: Greys#6705

Have everyone set to use their lightning spells if they encounter flying creatures. Automatic cure spells if I fall to 70% hp. Auto attack the nearest enemy. Real nice to just run around the areas and not go through all that button mashing. Great story. Only annoyance so far was the beginning. After gaining some levels, decided to see how tough those werewolves were. Got smashed with 1 hit. Reminded me of Everquest when they have this high leveled, high aggro'd npc roaming around in newbie zones.

As soon as you're able to purchase Golden Amulets in a shop, get the Accessories 8 License and a Golden Amulet for all 6 of your characters. Double license points for every battle gets your party buffed pretty quick.

Only for PS2

Bullshit.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Buy one for 20 bucks. That's like 4 lawns man.
    Last edited by Sean of the Thread; 11-18-2006 at 11:06 AM.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
    Sorry, never played those.
    WTF??? What's wrong with you?

For the sake of your life you should at least download an SNES emulator and pick up FF2 and FF3.

FF3 is the best story and the best ending of any video game, ever. Opinion yes, but its still true.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol View Post
    Only for PS2

Bullshit.
    PCSX2 - Not sure if they have it fully compatible with 12 yet but check it out.
    Player of Greys
    Discord: Greys#6705