Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slide Whistle

Default Slide Whistle

Well I won the crate summoning slide whistle at the EG auction. While it was the one item that I was really interested in, I'm always cautious when it comes to items that attune forever.

That being said, I am willing to listen to offers for the whistle. I really don't want coins, but they can be included in a trade. Items I am interested in are 10X dagger-based weapons, 10X small shields, DB items, x-realms transporters, and other neat toys.

Anyway, I don't plan to attune myself to the whistle until I am positive about it, so feel free to make some offers. If you have items that are worth more than the whistle, I have coins/items, so I'm sure something can be worked out if I want it bad enough.

2. Default

any interest in a 6x day Major Sanct orb?

WAY cool item.. Great scripts here are most of them.

You give your crate a shove that sends it crashing over on its side, dumping everything inside onto the ground. (With stuff inside)

You give your crate a shove that sends it crashing over on its side. It sulkily stands up and totters back to your side. (Empty)

The antique faewood crate yawns its lid widely, somehow managing to look bored.

The lid of a battered antique faewood crate snaps open and closed with a hollow thump, providing a bass beat in time to the rapid staccato tapping of its wooden legs. As the percussion performance draws to a close, the crate looks around expectantly. Waiting for applause?

A battered antique faewood crate trundles around Leff on its wobbly wooden legs. The irregular tapping sounds like one of its legs is gimped.

The antique faewood crate turns to face a passing bird, and suddenly bolts off after it, lid snapping furiously.

The antique faewood crate snaps its lid viciously at the cougar. Satisfied that dominance has been established, the crate trots smugly back to stand behind you.

A battered antique faewood crate waddles over to the Furrowfoot disk and examines it. The crate's lid opens slightly, and the ornamental scrollwork along its lid manages to convey a contemptuous sneer.
    Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
    Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
    Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
    Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
    Brian Fantana: Yep.
    Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

Isn't there an item pretty much exactly like that in a Pratchett novel?

Update: Yep: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/18...17#reader-link
    Last edited by Numbers; 10-30-2006 at 03:14 AM.

5. Default

yup....i guess gm's like reading pratchett as much as i do. It was sentient pearwood in the book though (The Colour of Magic)

What's its use? Is it like a cooler looking disk?
    Space for rent, inquire within.

That is so cool.

It also will not explode after you leave the lands. Not sure about after death.
    Last edited by El Burro; 10-30-2006 at 09:40 AM.

not after death either, and it holds more than normal.

Terry Pratchett FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.