Thread: Hawaii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hawaii

I hate looking online for crap to do.

i'm heading to hawaii on the second of augest

has anyone been, and know what are some good things to do, and some places to visit.

thanks
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Gotta know which Island you're going to, first off!

I spent two months in Maui, so I know that Island best. Definitely hit up some of the surfing spots if you surf, if not.. you should go one day to watch the surfers. You could take a drive up yourself, or take a tour, up Haleakala (I think that's the name of it), the big mountain. I also went into the Io Valley, and looked at cave paintings and stuff.

Hm, the Maui Aquarium is good, it's so far the best aquarium I've been to, just make sure you take a whole day to go do that. I spent a week in Hana as well, but if you decide to go there I strongly suggest you take a little plane over to that side of the Island and rent once there instead of driving, given that the road to Hana is enough to make the most hardy of traveller's car sick. While in Hana I visited the Seven Sacred Pools as well as some of the old walls and villages, and did some waterfall jumping.

If you like to shop, go to Lahaina, if you like to lay on the beach, then hit up a bunch of the beaches. If you want to learn to surf, take some surfing lessons. If you like to scuba, or snorkle, I recommend going out to the Prince's Island (it's this little crescent thingy off the coast of Maui) on one of the tour boats and having some fun out there. There are some golf courses too, if golfing is your thing.

Anyway. If you're NOT going to Maui, sorry for boring you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Yeah, depends on what Island.

I've been to I think (as I went as a teen and didn't pay attention to which island back then) all the islands with the exception to the ones reserved for natives.

Maui is very touristy. Should definitely take a catameran (or however you spell it) to Molakini or the Rainbow Reef to experience that, its fantastic.

Rent a jetski, it is NOTHING like using it on a lake.

The Big Island (Hawaii) you'll want to visit the Volcano park. When we went there wasn't any visable lava but island itself is impressive because you'll be driving through rainforest and BAM! nothing but barren fields of volcanic rock.

Seven Sacred Pools with the road to Hana on the Big Island is worth visiting, make sure you take a seasickness pill because the switchback roads are going to make you want to vomit.

Oahu has Honolulu, and Pearl Harbor. It was okay...I'm more interested in ancient history, and I appreciate and respect our history, but we spent waaaaaay to much time at that place and I wanted to hang myself.

Kauai is by far my favorite. Its not too touristy, and its my favorite for beauty. There are waterfalls throughout the island, you can take boat trips around the island that are inaccessable and they'll take you under them. My interest lies with snorkeling so I spend most of my time at Ke'e beach or Anini beach. Ke'e is easy to find, you take the main highway til it ends on the northwestern part of the island.

From THERE...you can take an 11 MILE HIKE through the Na'apali coast which I have yet to do, but want to. You have to get permission to do it as its kinda trecherous, but I've seen pictures and its breathtaking.

Also, if you golf...you can do that on ANY island and have a great experince. I don't golf, but I've raced golfcarts on a few of them and they're very pretty.

Hope that helps.
    A friggin' huge war griffin says, "Dude, stop attacking me."
    A friggin' huge war griffin asks, "Srsly, wtf?"

Stay in the tourist parts. for safety

Yeah, we are going for two weeks, and we want to visit we mwny islands possible.

money isn't an issue for this trip.

but i want to make the most out of my trip there.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution