Page 729 of 755 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 7544

Thread: What Are You Wearing?

1. Default

Looking for tips on how to dress for success. Thanks for looking! -LizardClan1

>gaze my mirror
    You gaze into the mirror...

You see Ulaahn Akbou the Officer of the House of Argent Aspis.
    He appears to be a Giantman.
    He appears to be in the prime of life. He has shadow grey eyes and alabaster skin. He has long, black hair worn in a sleek ponytail that trails down his back.
    >i
    You are holding a small silver mirror in your right hand.
    You are wearing a smoky grey crystal amulet decorated with fine gold leaf, an enameled onyx night sky pendant, a double-breasted tailored black cotton jacket with gold filigree buttons, an ancient Black Wolf armband, a splotch of dried blood, a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Argent Aspis, a pure silver Aspis pin, an embossed veil iron shield slung over your shoulder, a jade-inlaid instrument case slung over your other shoulder, a sailcloth haversack stitched with the word 'SPITFIRE', a crisp white cotton shirt with small gold buttons, some solid ora platemail, a dragon-inset mithril signet ring, an emerald inlaid lacquered swordbelt bound in silver, a gold and jade green silk vatanura, a coarse burlap sack, a black velvet pouch clasped with a wrought silver dragon, a brilliant golden-mesh kilt cinched with an emerald-inset platinum belt, and a pair of cuffed leather boots adorned with a silver band.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardClan1 View Post
    Looking for tips on how to dress for success. Thanks for looking! -LizardClan1

You are wearing a smoky grey crystal amulet decorated with fine gold leaf, an enameled onyx night sky pendant, a double-breasted tailored black cotton jacket with gold filigree buttons, an ancient Black Wolf armband, a splotch of dried blood, a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Argent Aspis, a pure silver Aspis pin, an embossed veil iron shield slung over your shoulder, a jade-inlaid instrument case slung over your other shoulder, a sailcloth haversack stitched with the word 'SPITFIRE', a crisp white cotton shirt with small gold buttons, some solid ora platemail, a dragon-inset mithril signet ring, an emerald inlaid lacquered swordbelt bound in silver, a gold and jade green silk vatanura, a coarse burlap sack, a black velvet pouch clasped with a wrought silver dragon, a brilliant golden-mesh kilt cinched with an emerald-inset platinum belt, and a pair of cuffed leather boots adorned with a silver band.
    The base outfit is actually not bad as far as most GS outfits go. I would stow the FWI transporter when not in use, ditch the Aspis pin (you already have the tabard), stow the shield and instrument case, and maybe get a plain haversack. Unless there's a reason a giantman is walking around with a haversack from a halfling pirate ship? Could be a good story there.

I assume there must be a story behind the dried blood too, otherwise I would ditch that.

You also have a swordbelt, vatanura (waist sash), and belted kilt- I might drop one of those since it's a lot going on around the waist area. Probably the vatanura since he's not Erithian, unless you have good reasoning for wearing it.

I'd also sort up the platemail in your inventory so it goes amulet, jacket, tabard, platemail, shirt, swordbelt, pouch, ring, kilt, boots... and you're good to go!
    Last edited by Hips; 01-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

When you just need to elf as hard as you can.

You see Lady Issalya Valdarien Illistim the Walker of Lore.
    She appears to be an Elf.
    She is petite and appears to have come of age. She has large, owlish gentian blue eyes and pale as parchment skin. She has long, lustrous silver hair that trails past her waist in a riot of gently coiled mercurial curls. She has a heart-shaped face and a pair of half-lensed spectacles perched upon her small nose. Her small, yet distinctively sloping nose is perfectly offset by the bowed curve of her upper lip, while her slender neck and delicate bone structure enhance her fragile appearance. She has ombre ebon-to-argent polish brushed onto her smooth oval fingernails.
    She has a pair of white-feathered wings with silver tips protruding from her back and wrapped protectively around her.
    She is in good shape.
    She is wearing an ephemeral circlet of flowing air weaves, an orb-inset fel talisman, a deeply hooded grey silk satin dolman, a gold-framed ivory gardenia crest, some gauzy onyx organza robes ruched to the gathered drop waist, a slender silver signet, a black leather components satchel, and a pair of ruffle-edged black leather ankle-boots.

You have the distinctive aroma of black tea clinging to your skin, enhanced by sweet, creamy vanilla top notes. Bitter accords of bergamot are undercut by the delicate musk of aged bookbinding and finished with an underlying sharp coppery tang. -- Teatime Ritual

Talisman: Petrified fel wood, its bleached bone hue a sharp contrast to the darkness it surrounds, is carved into the eerily realistic likeness of a skeletal hand. The long, bony fingers curve around a shadowy black orb, grasping it covetously. Spiraling in and out of one another within the smooth surface, the orb's unique blend of dark metals seem to absorb, rather than reflect, light. A tiny, almost indistinct inscription is inlaid in silver scroll along the index finger.

There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
    Beyond the Veil of Life,
    Death, Time, and Feeling
    Are Meaningless.

Seek the Grace of Eternity
    Through True Devotion.

Dolman: Sewn from pale cloud grey silk satin with darker stormy undertones, this dolman is tailored to drape closely to a thigh-length hemline and features wide sleeves set in low armscyes. The deep pointed hood is edged with a broad band of black velvet, and matching fabric lines the interior pouches. A penannular brooch crafted as a stylized sickle clasps the garment at the throat, cast in silver and inlaid with niello in an elaborate design of windswept feathers.

Crest: The gold frame of the crest has the arch clearly divided into seven distinct sections in the imperial style. Within, on a field of perfect sapphire blue, an elegant elven script separates the images of a peacock pavonated and a blooming ivory gardenia with amethyst-suffused edges. A trio of sharpened, slightly curved silver quills forms the flourish, and the piece is flanked left with two entwined sprigs of cothinar and to the right with a crimson-fletched broken golden arrow.

In the Elven language, it reads:
    Enlightened by antiquity, guided by knowledge.

Signet: Though the band itself is small, its setting is high and wide, shaped to resemble the Library Aies. Its western wing is rendered in minute detail, though the eastern wing is missing but the base of the ring provides room for it to be added later. A cabochon of brilliant blue shimmarglin sapphire caps the architectural elements of the library's towers, forming a dome.

In the Elven language, it reads:
    Issalya Valdarien Illistim
    Walker of Lore

Satchel: Woven from strips of fine doeskin leather, each in a varying hue of black, the satchel is reminiscent of the coming shadows of twilight. Stitched inside are pockets of various sizes, each lined with silver fur to protect their contents. On the side are embroidered ten diamond-inset silver stars, positioned to perfectly resemble the constellation known as The Guardian.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hips View Post
    I'd also sort up the platemail in your inventory so it goes amulet, jacket, tabard, platemail, shirt, swordbelt, pouch, ring, kilt, boots... and you're good to go!
    Solid tip. Don't be a boot head!

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Solid tip. Don't be a boot head!
    Methais is a boot head and refuses to sort auto head.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hips View Post
    The base outfit is actually not bad as far as most GS outfits go. I would stow the FWI transporter when not in use, ditch the Aspis pin (you already have the tabard), stow the shield and instrument case, and maybe get a plain haversack. Unless there's a reason a giantman is walking around with a haversack from a halfling pirate ship? Could be a good story there.

I assume there must be a story behind the dried blood too, otherwise I would ditch that.

You also have a swordbelt, vatanura (waist sash), and belted kilt- I might drop one of those since it's a lot going on around the waist area. Probably the vatanura since he's not Erithian, unless you have good reasoning for wearing it.

Better?

>i
    You are wearing a smoky grey crystal amulet decorated with fine gold leaf, a double-breasted tailored black cotton jacket with gold filigree buttons, a splotch of dried blood, a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Argent Aspis, some solid ora platemail, a crisp white cotton shirt with small gold buttons, an emerald inlaid lacquered swordbelt bound in silver, a black velvet pouch clasped with a wrought silver dragon, a dragon-inset mithril signet ring, a brilliant golden-mesh kilt cinched with an emerald-inset platinum belt, and a pair of cuffed leather boots adorned with a silver band.

Thanks!
    -LizardClan1

7. Default

Oh, how do i get rid of the splotch of dried blood? It dates way back, I forget.

You see Lady Andelara Erisenthe Illistim the Attendant, Fourth of the Argent Mirror's Handmaidens.
    She is shorter than average and appears to be in the bloom of youth. She has astute slate blue eyes and sun-bronzed, golden brown skin. She has long, white blonde hair woven into a wrist-thick herringbone braid that is bound with a hammered silver band. Her acute elven features, from the angular cant of her jaw line to the exacting sculpt of her eyebrows, lends to a somewhat fierce visage. A whirl-cut hazy violet smoldereye with argent sparks is positioned between her eyes, which casts a sparkling hazy violet sheen across her face.
    She has a delicate lace pattern on her neck.
    She is in good shape.
    She is wearing a sumptuous badger fur stole forming a bristly facial frame, a sleek atrous velvet gown suspended from a single labyrinthine pauldron of pave diamonds, a gnarled widowwood cuff, a misted black-veined emerald ring, a bas-relief black vaalin signet, and a pair of spike-heeled sable ankle boots.
    Signet:

The signet is made of black vaalin and has a design of a traditional Illistimi elven crest, complete with flourishes, centrally set seven-lobed ilthorn leaf and flanking symbols of a swan and crossed hammers engraved into its face.

You have the coppery tang of aged blood overshadowed by a blend of seven roses marked with herbs settling heavily upon your skin.
    >
    A friggin' huge war griffin says, "Dude, stop attacking me."
    A friggin' huge war griffin asks, "Srsly, wtf?"

Keeping it simple for the Sylvanfair event tonight.

You see Chatelaine Rohese Bayvel-Timsh'l Illistim the Patron of the Displaced.
    She is taller than average with a slender willowy form and appears to be youthful. She has silver-lashed misty grey eyes and silky smooth, fair skin. She has lustrous, hip-length pale silver hair coiled high behind a half-mask diadem dripping with green-black jades from the silver temple coils and bound by a lattice of fine chains. She has naturally glossy, rose-pink tinted lips. Peeking through her hair are dainty upswept ears tapering to fine points which enhance her fey-like countenance. She has smoke-marbled faenor green lacquer brushed onto her smooth oval fingernails.
    She has an inking of a faint star constellation on her neck, and a cascade of tiny silver stars tattooed over her right eyebrow that fades into her hairline.
    She is in good shape.
    She is wearing a jade and diamond choker, an extravagant shoulder-drape of glossy black bear fur, a platinum wedding ring, an open-backed gown of heavy black velvet plummeting to a fantailed hem, and some ankle-clasped black leather shoes atop sharp heels.

>l choker
    Suspended by an extremely thin silver chain, a large piece of solid jade is positioned as the centerpiece of the choker. The jade is carved with fine detail into a winged kite. Caught in a predator's attacking pose, the kite's talons are outstretched, and her wings are stretched behind her, as if she is sweeping down at an incredible speed. Set within the jade, thin slivers of black diamonds glint across the kite's feathers, and two trillion-cut maernstrike diamonds serve as her brilliant eyes.

Rohese has in the air about her a shroud, as light as feathered wings, held aloft by a breath of wisteria incense stirred by strands of niveous calla lily. Chords of white sandalwood and rose attar thread languidly throughout, underscored by a touch of frankincense.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenlady View Post
    She has lustrous, hip-length pale silver hair coiled high behind a half-mask diadem dripping with green-black jades from the silver temple coils and bound by a lattice of fine chains.
    ...what, how...what is this? Is it a feature-altering masking or Joola hair jewelry? I luuuuhv it.
    A friggin' huge war griffin says, "Dude, stop attacking me."
    A friggin' huge war griffin asks, "Srsly, wtf?"