Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Names Names Names!

1. Default Names Names Names!

So ... what does your name mean?? Or why did you pick it?!

I picked mine because another name I wanted was taken, and Atheana sounds pretty, a friend helped me with the last name, Ezabella. It just fits! But alot of people got their names from movies books etc ... so tell us where you got your gs name!
    Psycat says, \\"You wouldn\\'t want me to purr.\\"

I wanted to play a Dark Elf named Michiko at a LARP chapter called Avendale near my hometown. Avendale is part of NERO (New England Roleplaying Organization), not sure if any of you have heard of it.

But anyway, there was already a Dark Elf chick there named Michiko... so I couldn't. A year or so later I met Greg, and joined Gemstone... I thought that he was going to make me a Dark Elf ranger character (yes, he created my character for me), so I told him to name her Michiko... but he made her a half-elf because they have better bonuses or whatever.

So... I guess having my character named Michiko is a mistake. I would have named her something else if I had known she was going to be a half-elf. As for what the name means... "michi" means "way" or "path" in Japanese, I think... and the -ko on the end just shows it's feminine. At least, that's what I think, I honestly don't know that much about the language.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

3. Default

Yeah I asked grays to make me a human, and his finger seemed to have *slipped* and made me a blasted dark elf!! *gazes up* I asked him to change it, me being a newbie believed him when he said he couldn't...
    Psycat says, \\"You wouldn\\'t want me to purr.\\"

The end of gray's name the "salin" is derived from the character in a dragonlance book and was meant to be "salyn" but an earlier version of Grays had already taken that spelling.

The first part "gray" is just because I like gray.

-grays/d
    Not all who wander are lost.
    -JRRT

5. Default

A friend in HS my freshman year wrote stories and one of her character's names was Taire. I really liked that name, but I loathe plaigerism, so I changed it to Tayre. So yeah.

Lysistrata was named after a humorous, yet penetrating play by Aristophanes. One of my two favorites by him.

Kuaike's name means 'rapid science' in Mandarin. I just thought it sounded cool. And she is fast so.. there you go.

Heh.... I picked Kasia's name out of ironic amusement to myself. It means Pure, which if you know Kasia, you'll understand. Valiria's was from the plant Valerian. She's a healer.. its a natural sedative.. I liked it.

Us

I had a great grandmother named Camri. I never knew her, but I always thought the name was cool.

So there you go DCSL, Camri isn't a car. The person she was named after had that name before Camrys were made. :P

The last name Morrowinds, is a product of a friends creative imagination.
    --Tiff

Morrowind is an awesome game.

PLay it if you havn't.

-grays/d
    Not all who wander are lost.
    -JRRT

Wanted Genisis, but that was taken so I thought Genisi would sound gay.. so Jenisi it was.
    [Wtf]-Brielus: "khaladon outbid me on my fuckin db item i wanted"