Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GM's afk check

1. Default GM's afk check

Anyone have the messaging to when the GM's check to see if your afk scripting? Theres a bunch of them.

theres [SEND] one, a ghostly murrered voice or whisper or something, just a whisper i think, anyone have the messaging for these or know of any others they use to check on you?

I would imagine a lot of GMs just make something up on the spot, to avoid people writing scripts to get out of the check. Well, at least I hope they do!
    You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
    I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.

Sometimes its a simple send, sometimes they do quakes, sometimes they'll do IC interaction, depends on the GM. Its random enough to be very hard to impossible to script.

There's no standard message they send, which makes it very frusterating. Here's a couple examples.

The voice of Elbrion asks, "How goes the hunt, Naseer?"
    look
    [Old Ta'Faendryl, Market Road]
    e
    The road moves north and south between broken mounds of dirt and stone that mark out a boundary along the edges of two wide plazas on either side of the road. Unusually straight cracks and an occasional gleam of grey peeping through the dirt indicates the presence of cracked granite blocks buried beneath the soil. You also see a gleaming steel broadsword.
    Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
    [Old Ta'Faendryl, East Market]
    Creeping vines and a thick growth of low-lying grass extends across a large space of ground that was probably once a huge open market where the inhabitants of the city could hawk their assorted produce and wares. To the east the flattened tip of a tall tower rises high above a series of walls and roofless buildings.
    e
    Obvious paths: east, west
    [Old Ta'Faendryl, East Market]
    A twisted limb has snaked its way through a fissure in the crumbling wall, stretching its way into the open plaza as if struggling to squeeze past, into the sunlight. Twigs and branches claw at the crumbling stone on each edge of the gap, as if intent on forcing enough open space for the entire tree to enter.
    e
    Obvious paths: north, east, west
    [Old Ta'Faendryl, South]
    A dense jumble of collapsed walls and toppled pillars gives way to a scattering of stone blocks spread across an open plaza to the west. A flight of wide stone steps leads up to the back of a building that is perched upon base of stone. You also see a greater construct and a greater construct.
    e
    Obvious paths: east, west
    [Old Ta'Faendryl, Southeast]
    A toppled pillar, twisted by erosion and stained by water and time, leans like a weary old man against the trunk of a young oak. Rounded stones from collapsing garden walls mark out a sporadic path through the ruins of the city. You also see a greater construct and some polished red coral.
    ne
    Obvious paths: northeast, west
    A narrow path weaves through a tangled mass of thorny rose bushes that have spread in rampant abandon over the garden walls that once enclosed their ancient ancestors. Fallen petals and leaves decorate the path in multi-colored layers.
    ne
    Obvious paths: northeast, southwest

[Script aborted.]
    A demolished wall allows a peek inside what must have once been the courtyard of a house. Centered in the middle of the space is a dried-up fountain surrounded by mud-spattered, yet all too lifelike, statues of Elven men and women.
    Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, west
    >'good
    You say, "Good."
    >'Am I the millionth hunter yet?
    You ask, "Am I the millionth hunter yet?"
    >
    The voice of Elbrion exclaims, "Glad to hear it. Have a great day!"
    >
    You hear someone chuckling.
    >grin
    The voice of Elbrion says, "998,743."
    >
    You grin.
    >
    You hear someone whistling to himself in the shadows.
    >'damn it
    You say, "Damn it."
    >
    You hear someone laugh.
    >'Ill keep hunting then
    >
    You say, "Ill keep hunting then."
    >
    You hear someone chortling.
    >
    The voice of Elbrion says, "Take it easy."

The voice of Elbrion says, "Howdy, Naseer. How goes the hunt?]"

loot hera

[Script aborted.]
    You search the Ithzir herald.
    It had a gleaming steel longsword.
    You discard the herald's remaining useless equipment.
    It had 427 silvers on it.
    You gather the remaining 427 coins.
    It had nothing else of value.
    An Ithzir herald's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
    >'good
    You say, "Good."
    >
    You feel more refreshed.
    >
    The voice of Elbrion exclaims, "Great!"
    >'Did I win?
    You ask, "Did I win?"
    >
    The voice of Elbrion exclaims, "Have a good day!"
    >
    You hear someone chuckling.
    >
    The voice of Elbrion asks, "Win what?"
    >grin
    You grin.
    >'Millionth hunter of course
    You say, "Millionth hunter of course."
    >
    You hear someone laugh.
    >
    Something just tickled you!
    >raise fist
    You raise your fist in a display of defiance.
    >
    The voice of Elbrion exclaims, "Have a good day, bro!"

Elbrion checks on me on a weekly basis. I have it set up so his name highlights the whole line and plays a noise. He's probably not the only GM that checks on scripters, but highlighting his name would be a good start.
    ease the lip

I have my little wizard AFK scripting alot. Only one that busted me was Emeradan and he sent me that notice that I was in violation of GS's scripting policy. He finally pulled me into the Limbo room, but I just got back to the PC when it happened, so it was good timing.

(First Message)

*** ATTENTION: It appears that you might not be fully attentive to the gaming environment while using a script to gain experience, silver, and/or reps. This is a violation of GemStone IV's POLICY 18. If you are at the keyboard, please respond to this message by speaking aloud or using REPORT. Thanks. ***

(Second Message)

*** ATTENTION: This is your last chance to make it clear that you are actively at the keyboard. ***

(Into Limbo Land)

The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
    [Scripting Violation Limbo]
    You have been moved here because it appears you are in violation of GemStone IV policy. Scripting for the purpose of gaining experience or silver is a violation of policy and future warnings may result in time out from the game. In order to leave this area, you must state that you agree to abide by this policy and that you understand the consequences of failing to do so. click policy 18 for complete scripting policy information. GO OUT for instructions.
    You notice a fake leg of a zombie, a fake fire cat, the way out and a fake ugly supplicant.

GM Emeradan - he was kinda cool about the whole thing, except he raped me for 875 exp points.

You see GameMaster Emeradan.
    He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
    He appears to be youthful and tall. He has sparkling crystal blue eyes and tanned skin. He has chin length, thick auburn hair streaked with silver. He has a clean-shaven face and slightly pointed ears. A faint image of a triquetra is inked onto the right side of his neck.
    He is in good shape.
    He is wearing a deeply-hooded black leather longcloak trimmed with silver-threaded runes, a matte black dagger harness, a translucent glaes spider charm, an antique silver armband, a soft kitten bag, a floresiensis skull, a white silk poets shirt, a warped platinum star, a small lizard, a carved stone fortress locket, a bright red robin charm, a mud-covered toy krolvin comet-rider Arkdaln wearing two dozen crystal amulets, a tooled black leather satchel, some black alloy arm vambraces, a Rose McGowan doll, a thick black leather belt, a tanned leather sheath, an iridescent quartz cricket box, a small silk coin pouch, a large sack, some supple doeskin leather trousers, and some simple black leather boots.

There are too many methods to check.

There is

Echo: (Some strange occurrance)
    Invis Spell: covered
    Echoto: Message you only see as a player.
    Send: Tell message.
    Invis GM: They're in the room with you talking.
    Then it also appears that they have a default script check message as well.

Echoto, Send, and Echos are all completely customizable. Were I a GM, that would be what I'd use.

-M
    "We are the change that we've been screaming for."
    - Strung Out, Mission Statement

If you receive rep signed -M, it's probably from me... or one of the other three people using the same signature. In the scheme of things though, do you really care?

Here's a thought.. pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    WTF just happened?
    I saw the word PENIS and instantly clicked on it while saying to myself ''pffft no way I'm clicking that shit.''

I never used scripts to do anything other then travel between towns but I am using one for the picking contest reps now. I am careful to pay attention though I am a wuss and don't want to get introuble for not paying attention. It is tempting though to go fold laundry watch a movie etc while the script runs
    You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

I use scripts to travel quite a bit. I don't normally use a hunting script though, and if I do, it's a simple .cast spell that only preps, goes into offensive, casts/channels, goes back into defensive and stops. I understand the desire to script hunt, but at the same time, I play the game to really enjoy it, not to go do other things while my character idly gains experience running through areas like a zombie. Just seems silly to pay for a game that you don't actively play. To each their own I spose.

I agree Jolena and that is why I have never used scripts for anything but travel. After doing guild reps by hand I finally gave in to a script with lock mastery the picking reps portion.
    You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

What other people think of you is none of your business.