Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really GOOD Alters!

1. Default Really GOOD Alters!

Something positive! So .... anyone spot any really nice/stylish alters? :P
    Psycat says, \\"You wouldn\\'t want me to purr.\\"

Alterations are so subjective in a myriad of ways; I really can't say that what I think to be a really good alter would be good to other folk.

You also have to fight for screenspace, as most people try to keep their descriptions below 6 lines.

The concept of the "simplicity alter" holds some merit, but in execution it still seems rather dull. The SA is when people get something like "a cloak" or "some boots" and either leave it at that or get a long description that basically says, these are normal everyday things. That's a nice alter idea in my book.

But the really nice alters are the ones that compliment other alterations on a specific character, so they are only "really good" in a group.

I'd be curious to see others picks though, then I might list some of the ones I'm fairly proud of.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4Ranger View Post
    The PC is where the brains are...

Not an alter. I've actually never had an alter. Only been on one list in my 9 years in GS. But this is one of my favorite items I've bought.

a lime green silk pouch artfully embroidered with a kappa grasping a wilted pink orchid in its maw
    [11:16] Harmnone: Wezas, shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol
    My girlfriend plays World of Warcraft better than I do.
    Favorite myspace site: http://myspace.com/badtie

I love all my alters...so I'll list a few.

my boots...made'em from a pair of elven tracking boots.
    some sylvan hunting boots.
    Three dark straps, buckled with darkened mithril fasten the boots in the front. Worked skillfully onto the straps are several shadowy green spike-thorns. The soles of the boots are made of softened leather to aide the wearer in moving stealthily through the forest.

my buckler
    a battle-worn Vaalorian buckler.
    Light mithril-alloy has been riveted in decorative strips to form a design on the face of the buckler and the metal has been darkened to prevent reflection of light. Etched faintly in the center is a faded red and gold Vaalorian crest. Three thick leather straps are secured onto the back of the guard with small steel rivets. Each strap has its own tarnished silver buckle to fasten it snugly to the wearer's arm.

most important!
    a golden ivy wedding band
    The band is worked to resemble two circling strands of twining ivy. One strand is worked in deep green faenor while the other is radiant elven gold.
    Engraved onto the band are the words "To you, I give my undying love. -AE"

Have my weapon, made by an elven bowyer at the faire.
    a rune-incised sylvan kaskara.
    The slender blade of the kaskara is scarred from years of use. Bright silver runes work their way up the full length of the blade. A straight leather-wrapped handle extends beneath a gnarled silver cross hilt, which is forged into the stylized forms of a group of running wolves. Set into the pommel, in the center of a gleaming silver eight-pointed star, is a swirling aetherstone.

One of my favorites, my gauntlets.
    some Vaalorian scout's gauntlets.
    Thin, silvery mithril-alloy plating covers the top of the leather gauntlets. A red and gold Vaalorian Crest is pressed into the light metal over the back of the palm. Leather straps fastened with mithril buckles wrap the forearm underneath the plating, allowing the gauntlet to double as an archer's bracer and a swordsman's armor.

I have plenty of others, but this post is already a little lengthy, so I'll refrain from putting any more down.

-grays/d(showing off his alters!)

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Halfsilver]
    Not all who wander are lost.
    -JRRT

5. Default

Well the point of this thread is for good alters, b/c I will admit, I'm tired of the bad alter thread! ;o)

6. Default

No one sees any!? Aww ... well personally I think my garter is a good alter ;o)

I'd post my mine, but I don't feel like logging artha in right now.
    Space for rent, inquire within.

With it running so slow, no thanks. I die enough powerhunting already.

To log into the game, that is

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Stunseed]
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

We already have topics on here and on the official board where we can post out own alterations that we obviously think the world of.

Come on, people. Stop gazing at the mirror and look at someone else and admire THIER alters.

I like Valthissa's armor and Maimara's armor both pieces are really well done. Soldavi has a good looking set of leathers too. Once I get a chance to look at them all again I'll post them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.