Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax cuts + spending != a healthy economy.

Default Tax cuts + spending != a healthy economy.

Anyone wanna guess how long it'll take before we get a President who see's the truth behind that statement?

Does it take take an economics major to realize that what our country is doing will shortly lead us to disaster, especially when combined with the travesty (read: conspiracy) of oil futures?

I wonder how long you or I might last running amock with our personal debt, before our credit is taken away, and our purcheses are similairly revoked.

Some economist is going to come up with smoe kind of obscure theory why its good. No doubt.

Guess who economists work for? Yep.

Nationalization of a countries resources is the way things should go, and people need to realize that.

Greenspan may be fiscally conservative, but he is the man appointed by the Dems to keep a finger on the economy.

Originally posted by Seran
    Anyone wanna guess how long it'll take before we get a President who see's the truth behind that statement?

Does it take take an economics major to realize that what our country is doing will shortly lead us to disaster, especially when combined with the travesty (read: conspiracy) of oil futures?

I wonder how long you or I might last running amock with our personal debt, before our credit is taken away, and our purcheses are similairly revoked.
    Just plain wow. I dont know where to begin. Tax cuts and spending encourages the flow of money in the market place, encourages people to spend and keep the money supply in circulation instead of pulling it out and inhibiting M1/M2, at least according to the Friedman school of thought that the Republican leadership tends to follow. Much dislike the mutated Keyensian fiscal policy of taxation that is followed by the Democratic party.

Conspiracy of oil futures? Care to enlighten us on this, I'm curious to see you flesh this one out instead making it sound like 'the sky is falling'. If you mean that oil pricing and the oil industry needs more regulation - yes and no considering that its non-US suppliers that have a large say in how much is produced and at what price. I'd like to see some accountability from the US distributors of retail gasoline but I dont think its a 'conspiracy'. Perhaps I'm wrong...

Originally posted by Backlash
    Some economist is going to come up with smoe kind of obscure theory why its good. No doubt.

Guess who economists work for? Yep.

Nationalization of a countries resources is the way things should go, and people need to realize that.

Greenspan may be fiscally conservative, but he is the man appointed by the Dems to keep a finger on the economy.
    Actually, The Fed works independant of the executive branch.

Nationalization of national resources is a very bad idea, and it has failed in every instance (Russia, Venezuela, and China).

And Greenspan was appointed by Regan in 1987. Then re-appointed by Bush Sr., then Clinton, then by Bush jr. I dont think he would classify himself as the Democratic 'watchdog' of the US economy since he's politically neutral and was introduced to the position of Chairman of the Fed Reserve by a Republican President.

Just a few thoughts to help this thread along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

1900+ troops dead today after "Mission Accomplished."

This president is a douche, why has he not been impeached?
    Speaking softly to a one-eared rabbit, you say, \\"Prepare thine guard, monstrosity.\\"

The one-eared rabbit flattens its single floppy ear and edges cautiously toward you. It looks up at you with pink eyes and wrinkles its tiny nose.

You foolishly attempt to attack a one-eared rabbit.
    The one-eared rabbit easily dodges out of the way with a vaguely annoyed expression.

You cower.

Originally posted by Terminator X
    1900+ troops dead today after "Mission Accomplished."

This president is a douche, why has he not been impeached?
    Because, thankfully, generic broad blanket moronic statements like the one above arent sufficient enough to call for a vote of impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

I was going to add some comments, but I already saw Ganalon treat you both like his economic bitches.. I guess I'll let you be.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Tax cuts are fucking stupid and Keynesian. Wanting it to be so doesn't bring them out of that bubble. Examine Virginia's government pre and post car tax if you want a cogent example of the problem.

With that said...

...they have little to do with why our economy is so fucked up. I'm not even going to claim that one.

Well, looks like Ganalon has this thread under control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

I honestly think the best thing the President can do now, budget-wise is to eliminate the tax cuts he set in place.

That will cushion the blow to the deficit that these hurricanes and the Iraq war will assault. But, likely he'll do one of the following:

1) Just let the spending continue, keep the tax cuts, and let the deficit skyrocket.

2) Start cutting. Everything. Everything but his tax cuts. Education, environment, etc.

Taking away the tax cuts will be too much of a risk to the next election. Sure, he's not running, but the conservatives who who were pushed off the fence to the right side by the promise of tax cuts will have second thoughts.
    [11:16] Harmnone: Wezas, shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol
    My girlfriend plays World of Warcraft better than I do.
    Favorite myspace site: http://myspace.com/badtie

Originally posted by Parkbandit
    I was going to add some comments, but I already saw Ganalon treat you both like his economic bitches.. I guess I'll let you be.
    What you said.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!