Page 882 of 1549 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728808818828838848929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 15487

Thread: What are you listening to atm?

Paul Cook and the Chronicles - A Real Thunderbolt

2. Default

A 10 Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    A 10 Thunderbolt
    Sometimes defense budgets don't like nice things.

4. Default

We need A-10s in Iraq.

We need A-10s in Iraq.
    I'm not sure we need to be there, but I'm sure they'd be useful. We can beat any army in the world but we can't instill democracy. Time passes and they'll just go back to their old nonsense.

Jack Beats - War f/t Diplo and Example
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 09-22-2014 at 12:23 AM.

6. Default

7. Default

I'm not sure we need to be there, but I'm sure they'd be useful.

If we need to be there is irrelevant. You don't declare war then go home 3 days later. We are about to start air strikes in Syria. Without Syria's cooperation. We're going to be arming and training "moderate" Syrian rebels in Saudi Arabia. We're knee deep in the shit now and it's only going to get worse or at least protracted. The Islamic State's advance has been halted for the moment, due to the air strikes. ISIL has switched up and gone from conventional warfare to more unconventional/guerrilla warfare. Most of the heavy vehicles they looted from the five Iraqi battalions that fled Mosul have been abandoned. This is where the A-10 would come in handy. Right now you have jets like the F-18 and F-16 dropping bombs and missiles. These platforms were built around taking out armored columns, not insurgent style fighters. They're flying at about 30,000 feet too, since ISIS has shoulder fired missiles. The A-10 can fly low and loiter over an area which means they can respond faster to threats and targets of opportunity. Not to mention the psychological effect of hearing that monster of a cannon spit out depleted uranium death.

We can beat any army in the world but we can't instill democracy. Time passes and they'll just go back to their old nonsense.
    1. I'm not so sure about that. Gelston said something similar once. He's wrong too.
    2. I think we can, it just involves time and the right strategy.
    3. Maybe, but it is far from a useless endeavor. More aid and developmental projects would be a huge boon. ISIS has been very successful in Iraq because they can exploit the social and economic plight going on with the disenfranchised Sunni civilians.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 09-22-2014 at 05:23 AM.

If we need to be there is irrelevant. You don't declare war then go home 3 days later. We are about to start air strikes in Syria. Without Syria's cooperation. We're going to be arming and training "moderate" Syrian rebels in Saudi Arabia. We're knee deep in the shit now and it's only going to get worse or at least protracted. The Islamic State's advance has been halted for the moment, due to the air strikes. ISIL has switched up and gone from conventional warfare to more unconventional/guerrilla warfare. Most of the heavy vehicles they looted from the five Iraqi battalions that fled Mosul have been abandoned. This is where the A-10 would come in handy. Right now you have jets like the F-18 and F-16 dropping bombs and missiles. These platforms were built around taking out armored columns, not insurgent style fighters. They're flying at about 30,000 feet too, since ISIS has shoulder fired missiles. The A-10 can fly low and loiter over an area which means they can respond faster to threats and targets of opportunity. Not to mention the psychological effect of hearing that monster of a cannon spit out depleted uranium death.

We can beat any army in the world but we can't instill democracy. Time passes and they'll just go back to their old nonsense.
    Blahblahblah neocon warmongering blahblah kill people blah. Please contain this rubbish to the moronic politics folder. Thanks.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Blahblahblah neocon warmongering blahblah kill people blah. Please contain this rubbish to the moronic politics folder. Thanks.
    Go make me a sandwich.

Last edited by Androidpk; 09-22-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Go make me a sandwich.