Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City of Villains

1. Default

Originally posted by Showal
    Was CoH any good? I almost bought it but didn't know if it would be worth the 15 a month. If people recommend it, I might give it a whirl.
    I liked itat first . I found it entertaining for a while. But the biggest flaw of the game is its instanced missions.

Most of the missions are instanced and they have way too few maps for them. Several of those maps are very prickish and twisty. So those missions often degenerate into searching through the same map again to find the hidden hostage, bomb or other item. I once likened it to turning off the lights in my basement and throwing out a handful of quarters to go pick up.

The other problem was the game balance. Powerlevelling was out of hand when I left. A single fire tank could take on an entire mission alone while the rest of his 8 man team soaked up xp. They responded with a huge nerfing - but I was gone before I could see it in practice.

That was the bad, the good was the costuming, the lack of economy and the sidekicking. You had far better control of your toon than any other game. Because the power enhancers were so easily available there was no need to merchant, craft or camp anything. The most innovative function was the sidekicking/exemplaring. This allowed people lower or boost up their power to adventure with people of different level. It made hanging with your friends a lot more convienent.
    This may be the most important moment of your life... commit to it.

Anyone still play this? Just got my Ill/Rad Controller, Ominus Prime, to level 20. With the introduction of invention sets, auction houses and the salvage system, it's alot easier to make money as early as level 4. The huge selection of costumes and power sets makes it easy to get alt-itis trying to make new character concepts. It's something different for those bored with WoW.

mines still unopened..and i bought the collector edition
    Bruce (Sergey)