Thread: You were cheating, you're gonna get a whipping!

1. Default You were cheating, you're gonna get a whipping!

So, I log in one of my characters today and I see this:

<begin stuff>
    You feel yourself being pulled away...
    [Training Correction]
    You are here because a problem with your training has been discovered, which appears to have been caused by a character manager bug. This has been recorded with your character and account name, so senior staff may determine if further action should be taken. This does not mean you have done anything wrong, but you must use FIXSKILLS in this room now to synchronize your training before you can exit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please refer to NEWS 1 6 for further information.
    Obvious exits: out

At this point, you need to adjust your skill goals so your intended skill set is within the boundaries of your earned TPs. If you spend fewer TPs than you have earned, you will have the remainder free to spend as you choose. To see how many training points you are out of sync by, just try to go OUT without fixing anything.

If you are unable to use the web-based character manager, please REPORT so that a GameMaster may assist you in using the in-game version, but be aware that there may be a slight delay before they can get to you.

The use of FIXSKILLS in this room will not detract from any options you may have remaining to use the verb normally, but the effects will be just as permanent as a normal use would be. Please be sure that your skill goals are set to your satisfaction before using it.

</End Stuff>

Now,

News 1 - 6 tells of a CM bug that allows you to overtrain past what you should be able to. Anyone know more info on this?

I've got a request in now, queue'd up, but even in first place it'll probably be next week before I get a referral

Either way I'll post results here.

Here's a link to an earlier thread on what I believe to be the bug you're dealing with:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthrea...564&page=1

You'll have to wade through some posts on other bugs (and some posts on nothing much ), but on page 3 or 4, I think there's a post that pretty much repeats the messaging you got.
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.

3. Default

Ahh, well. I searched and pulled nothing up. Probably my crappy search skills

Anyway, they're dead serious about this stuff. If you do it, you'll get banned.
    Wonder why they won't just fix it? Too busy releasing Assume Aspect I guess.

Here's a link for you. It's the third post down (Bobmuhthol's, I think).

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthrea...564&page=3
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.

It's a re-up on a free fixing of your skills (if you've used one up already) I'd suggest you GOALS real quick.
    Speaking softly to a one-eared rabbit, you say, \\"Prepare thine guard, monstrosity.\\"

The one-eared rabbit flattens its single floppy ear and edges cautiously toward you. It looks up at you with pink eyes and wrinkles its tiny nose.

You foolishly attempt to attack a one-eared rabbit.
    The one-eared rabbit easily dodges out of the way with a vaguely annoyed expression.

You cower.

Anyway, they're dead serious about this stuff. If you do it, you'll get banned.
    Nah, only if you're seriously abusing it. A lot of people just get a free fixskills.
    Space for rent, inquire within.

Few of my characters got that too, don't worry about it. Free fix skills is all that matters! If they thought you were cheating, you'd probably be sitting in a different room.
    You reach into Axhinde\\'s elven guard cloak and pull out an aquamarine wand.

8. Default

I got pulled for that a few days ago and it actually worked in my favor. Im at like 2000+ physical converted to mental and it actually gave me more mental and adjusted physical.

And you cant beat a free fixskills.
    99% Plastic 1% Woman

I have found you can find happiness in slavery. ~NIN

Centered just above the wrist, the tattoo simply reads \\"Inmate 1104, Teras Isle Asylum\\" in slightly jagged letters.