Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DS Formula

Default DS Formula

Considering changing Xand from runestaff to Brawl/Shield.

Looking for the formula's which determine DS based on sheild use/enchant and brawling.

I'm a math major (nerd) so just gimme the formulas and I can handle the rest
    [Private - Zerroth (faint)]: "I am about three seconds away from tying your scrawny self to a large piece of wood, having one of my statues carry it at knee height, and watching you dangle pathetically as I amuse myself by kicking you in the face with a spiked boot."

2. Default

You'd be nuts if you did change, DS with brawlin is so much less then runestaff.

And you'd need to be in offense to get the most of your cast with brawling

I know for a fact that DS increases significantly switching from runestaff.

I just want to calculate how much it will rise (I already know how many spells I'll have to give up)
    [Private - Zerroth (faint)]: "I am about three seconds away from tying your scrawny self to a large piece of wood, having one of my statues carry it at knee height, and watching you dangle pathetically as I amuse myself by kicking you in the face with a spiked boot."

I'd like to know as well. I have a sorcerer I'm going to switch from runestaff to Brawl/Shield... and I'm starting to get the itch to play him more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

My sorcerer used to be brawl/shield long ago. I remember the benefit being greater than going runestaff at the time. Unfortionately I dont remember the formula anymore so I can't really help.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Runestaffs provide less DS than brawl/shield though around equal benefits if you .5x shield. The drawback is the loss of magical skill and ability.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

7. Default

I do disagree, I tested this alot, your DS does go up, with the added brawl, but it goes down significantly if you dont have combat manuvers...for casters

Originally posted by Celember
    I do disagree, I tested this alot, your DS does go up, with the added brawl, but it goes down significantly if you dont have combat manuvers...for casters
    I am 100% sure that 1x shield/1x brawl provides signficantly more DS than runestaff, even if you have 11 or even 12 magical ranks per training.

However I do not seek a debate here, just the formulas!

Someone help!

Combat maneuvers doesn't help DS at all. I don't know the runestaff formula, but the Brawling formula is the same as the Edged formula, which I'm almost sure is on the play.net website.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

10. Default

Originally posted by Latrinsorm
    Combat maneuvers doesn't help DS at all. I don't know the runestaff formula, but the Brawling formula is the same as the Edged formula, which I'm almost sure is on the play.net website.
    The only formulas I am able to find on the official site are those for EBP ( http://www.play.net/gs4/info/combatguide.asp#factors )