Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowbane Free Trial

Default Shadowbane Free Trial

Just found out about this..

www.shadowbane.com

I know, it's outdated, but I was intrigued by some of the systems they had in place. I'm gonna give it a shot and report back on how I feel about it.

Being a mac user, I am limited in my on-line gaming choices

and I still dont wanna sink and buy WoW

Shadowbane was a fun game, had some huge bug issues though

Ardwen
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

(the original) Malok and a lot of old school GS players are big into SB.

K.

Originally posted by Kuyuk
    (the original) Malok and a lot of old school GS players are big into SB.

K.
    Interesting, any idea on how I could contact any of them? I mean, there really are only 3 main servers for this game.

It's heavily centered around PVP too, so solo isn't really an option with SB, from what I assume.

Yea, Malok (the realla) told me he was super into it. Any of you still play it? Might be kinda fun to get into a cheap graphical.

Well, no harm in doing the 15 day trial, so I put it up on my system, gonna go to the mourning server, and roll up an Iereki rogue named Rinswynd.

If you're interested u2u me, and perhaps we can get something going..gonna be interesting. but if it sucks, I'll let everyone know too.

This is a hardcore PVP game too, so you know, that's always fun .

@ lvl 20 you leave newbie isle, go to the main game and it's best to join a guild.

I played it for about 9 months with a bunch of friends from another text game that I've played for about 5 years. It was fun for awhile. I probably would have quit after the first week if I had gone into the game without a solid bunch of friends in my guild. I still have some fond memories of my half-elf rogue/ranger/blademaster/nightmask transporting into an opposing guild's city and backstabbing random people. Once the people in my guild started getting bored with the game and quitting (we had pretty much had a major hand in everything that happened on the server), I quit too. We were a small guild (only about 40 unique members, alts not counted), but damn we were good.

this game's pretty cool.. definitely not for people who like going solo, although I suppose their's room for that.

In any case, got an assassin on the mourning server, which seems to have the designation as their unnoficial RP server.

Haven't run into annoying newbs yet, eiher.

Yup, I am still playing Shadowbane along with a few other old Gemstoners.

Its been out a while - had a lot of bugs at first, but most bugs have been fixed.

Currently on Redemption server - and am nation leader of LoC.

My favorite aspect of the game is that there are real consequences for your actions (whereas in a lot of other games - there really aren't.)

Be a nice guy - and people will probably give you free handouts.

Be a douche bag - and expect to have a lot of problems.

In SB, if someone makes you mad - not only do you get to kill them, and take their loot; if you do it right - you can break all their gear, and then punish them even further by destroying their town that they've spent months building up - and taking it for your own.

Nothing better than for them to log in every day and see the town that they spent months building, belonging to you.

If only the graphics were good...