Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antisemitism Awareness Act

Default Antisemitism Awareness Act

H.R. 6090, described as “an act to provide for the consideration of a definition of antisemitism set forth by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance for the enforcement of Federal antidiscrimination laws concerning education programs or activities, and for other purposes,” was passed on Wednesday by the House of Representatives in a 312 to 91 vote with 26 abstentions.

More...
    Quoted below, Marjorie Taylor Greene explained her opposition to the bill. She was right to oppose the bill. It was a brave stance for her to take. The definition adopted by Congress, as quoted by Greene below, would clearly be an unconstitutional basis for awarding or withholding government funds. Greene stood on the side of freedom of speech and freedom of religion with her vote.

Marjorie Taylor Greene explains her opposition to the bill..

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1785755752432296283

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Quoted below, I explain my constant need for creating 989422734 new attention threads every week because the PC is my life and I haven't come out from under my bed since 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    My parents hate me and haven't paid any attention to me in 30+ years except for when mommy showed me how to buy cold cuts once, which I'm still traumatized from and have been hiding under my bed from Covid and cold cuts ever since.
    This is correct.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-02-2024 at 10:01 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Democrats openly calling for the murder of Jews and downplaying violent rioters as “peaceful protesters” and Clyder is worried about how MTG is going to vote on a bill.

You are almost as big of a clown as Seran is these days.

4. Default

Do we really need an act of congress to condemn anti-Semitism? Why can't we just enforce laws meant to protect all citizens?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Do we really need an act of congress to condemn anti-Semitism? Why can't we just enforce laws meant to protect all citizens?
    With the tens of thousands of Democrats openly calling for the murder of Jews and taking over college campuses, looks like we do.

If only Democrats in the 90's focused a little less on locking up as many black people as possible and instead cracked down on violent white students attending college and their equally violent professors then maybe this wouldn't be a problem today.

I thought the Romans killed Christ. Rome was not Christian at the time. Romans were not Jewish. This bill is beyond dumb.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I thought the Romans killed Christ. Rome was not Christian at the time. Romans were not Jewish. This bill is beyond dumb.
    The Pharisees tried him and turned him over to the Romans. Pontius Pilate found no guilt and offered the Jews the option to either free Jesus or free Barabbas, a convicted murderer, the Jews chose to free Barabbas.

The argument that the Jews didn't kill Jesus is like arguing that Hitler didn't kill Jews.

If this bill passes, I would be guilty of a crime for saying this.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Pharisees tried him and turned him over to the Romans. Pontius Pilate found no guilt and offered the Jews the option to either free Jesus or free Barabbas, a convicted murderer, the Jews chose to free Barabbas.

The argument that the Jews didn't kill Jesus is like arguing that Hitler didn't kill Jews.

True.

As a Catholic, I was taught for better or worse that lion’s share of guilt for the crucifixion of Christ is with the higher priests of the Pharisees. They saw Jesus as a blasphemer and threat to their authority. We are careful to make the distinction that the calls for his death came from those in positions of power, but not necessarily representative of the common Jew. Jesus and most of his disciples were practicing Jews after all.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 05-02-2024 at 12:06 PM.

My 2 cents is such a bill would be unconstitutional and violation of the First Amendment. As abhorrent as it is, it’s perfectly legal for one to go on the street dressed as a SS soldier waving a Nazi flag and blaming the Jews for all the world’s problems. Free speech (that doesn’t include direct calls for violence and certain rare exceptions that have been defined through case law) should be protected from government prosecution at all costs, and if you believe in that you must accept that includes speech you disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

In the end, Pontius Pilate ordered the killing Jesus, the rest are accomplices. It was his decision, period. Gods logic falls out the window with Christian idiots.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie