Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antisemitism Awareness Act

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    My 2 cents is such a bill would be unconstitutional and violation of the First Amendment. As abhorrent as it is, it’s perfectly legal for one to go on the street dressed as a SS soldier waving a Nazi flag and blaming the Jews for all the world’s problems. Free speech (that doesn’t include direct calls for violence and certain rare exceptions that have been defined through case law) should be protected from government prosecution at all costs, and if you believe in that you must accept that includes speech you disagree with.
    ^^ This.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

True.

As a Catholic, I was taught for better or worse that lion’s share of guilt for the crucifixion of Christ is with the higher priests of the Pharisees. They saw Jesus as a blasphemer and threat to their authority. We are careful to make the distinction that the calls for his death came from those in positions of power, but not necessarily representative of the common Jew. Jesus and most of his disciples were practicing Jews after all.
    It's a nice little lesson on how the mob can be manipulated into making the worst decisions imaginable.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

I feel like there is a Crowder meme of "Jesus was a only a magician in antiquity, prove me wrong." here.

Wouldn't time travel be cool so we could go back and find out? I personally would like to go back to the younger dryas event to see what was up back then. Advanced civilization or no?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    In the end, Pontius Pilate ordered the killing Jesus, the rest are accomplices. It was his decision, period. Gods logic falls out the window with Christian idiots.
    Bullshit, Pontius was facing the outbreak of a civil war, he literally gave the Jews numerous chances to free Christ. They chose to free a murderer. Had Pontius freed Christ the Pharisees would have incited a violent civil war.

The term "I wash my hands of it" is a literal reference to his decision. Christ even recognized that Pontius was forced into the decision.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-02-2024 at 12:38 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I thought the Romans killed Christ. Rome was not Christian at the time. Romans were not Jewish. This bill is beyond dumb.
    Jesus was actually saved by some random on his way to being crucified, as seen below:

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I feel like there is a Crowder meme of "Jesus was a only a magician in antiquity, prove me wrong." here.

Wouldn't time travel be cool so we could go back and find out? I personally would like to go back to the younger dryas event to see what was up back then. Advanced civilization or no?
    I would definitely take that time travel trip with you.

I’ll be honest…I’m really not the most religious person, sometimes waver in my faith, and can be described as a Cafeteria Catholic. It’s part of my heritage though and I couldn’t imagine being anything else. I also do believe the core principles of Christianity as it relates to morality and ethics (like how it values individualism, forgiveness, tolerance, etc.). It helps raise my children to be good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Bullshit, Pontius was facing the outbreak of a civil war, he literally gave the Jews numerous chances to free Christ. They chose to free a murderer. Had Pontius freed Christ the Pharisees would have incited a violent civil war.

The term "I wash my hands of it" is a literal reference to his decision. Christ even recognized that Pontius was forced into the decision.
    Yeah Pilate was sent to govern and subjugate the rowdy & rebellious Jews. He didn’t want to order Christ’s death (or better put really didn’t care nor wish to be bothered), but he gave into the demands of the Pharisees & the mob only in an effort to prevent another open rebellion. He has some blame. He could have said no, but didn’t.

Edit: It’s also important to notate that Christ knew that this was his destiny and embraced it. There were plenty of opportunities he had to defend himself or call upon the divine to save him from this fate of crucifixion, but willingly accepted it despite his mortal fear of a painful death. There can be no resurrection without death.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 05-02-2024 at 01:13 PM.

The problem with time travel for historical research of such debated things is the same as the problem with uncomfortable facts for the masses today. No matter what you find, people, in general, won't change and all you can end up doing is starting a war. Then there are all those historical inaccuracies that we see today and no one corrects or cares about. On a personal level, it might be nice, on a society level, it's a death sentance.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

9. Default

I would definitely take that time travel trip with you.

I’ll be honest…I’m really not the most religious person, sometimes waver in my faith, and can be described as a Cafeteria Catholic. It’s part of my heritage though and I couldn’t imagine being anything else. I also do believe the core principles of Christianity as it relates to morality and ethics (like how it values individualism, forgiveness, tolerance, etc.). It helps raise my children to be good people.
    I wasn't raised religious at all, but I do like the morality, ethics and values most religions espouse. Just the basic "be good to each other". Hardly anyone really subscribes to that though, in all aspects of their lives. I'd throw in a "don't suffer idiots" and then the be good to each other is really easy. I've actually started reading The Bhagavad Gita and there are a lot of things in it I like and subscribe too (and find incredibly interesting) and then of course a bit I don't. It's like every business or guide book I've read before, I try to take the parts I agree with and apply them to my life. Not sure I believe in a God or an afterlife, but I'm hopeful.

One thing I've never shared here is I had pretty bad AFIB about 6 years ago, enough so that I needed an ablation to fix it. On the table I flatlined for approximately 25 seconds and they had to do chest compressions on me. When I woke up and found out what happened, I was very disappointed I didn't see a tunnel and bright light OR the fiery depths of hell. This is 100% a true story.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I wasn't raised religious at all, but I do like the morality, ethics and values most religions espouse. Just the basic "be good to each other". Hardly anyone really subscribes to that though, in all aspects of their lives. I'd throw in a "don't suffer idiots" and then the be good to each other is really easy. I've actually started reading The Bhagavad Gita and there are a lot of things in it I like and subscribe too (and find incredibly interesting) and then of course a bit I don't. It's like every business or guide book I've read before, I try to take the parts I agree with and apply them to my life. Not sure I believe in a God or an afterlife, but I'm hopeful.

One thing I've never shared here is I had pretty bad AFIB about 6 years ago, enough so that I needed an ablation to fix it. On the table I flatlined for approximately 25 seconds and they had to do chest compressions on me. When I woke up and found out what happened, I was very disappointed I didn't see a tunnel and bright light OR the fiery depths of hell. This is 100% a true story.
    All major religions say in some way be good to one another, but not all religions are equal in my humble opinion. As an example, Orthodox Judaism believes that a certain culture/race/ethnicity are God’s special chosen people. Islam is fundamentally rooted in conversion by the sword & Sharia law. Our Western culture was shaped by Christianity. It was and still is somewhat of a radical concept of Christianity that says and individual should be judged by their own actions and that you are not responsible for the sins of your fathers.

Glad you are still with us and thank you for sharing. I too want to believe in an afterlife but admittedly waver in my faith. The way I see it, if it’s all just made up BS but has a good foundation in ethics and community, I’d still choose it. To each their own. We’re all just struggling to get by in this world.